"You're Between Me" on YouTube

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

"You're Between Me" on YouTube

Postby Dan Williams III » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:34 am

"You're Between Me" has been uploaded to YouTube...I feel that it's one of Craig's very best songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlIn957Pq3Y
Last edited by Dan Williams III on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clutch Cargo prefers spinners.
Dan Williams III

Postby Vice Admiral Swiss Navy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Damn they stole my Craig Avatar for the video!

:-}<

I guess that just shows they have good taste.
Vice Admiral Swiss Navy

Postby Dan Williams III » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:44 am

Vice Admiral Swiss Navy wrote:Damn they stole my Craig Avatar for the video!

:-}<

I guess that just shows they have good taste.

So now you can just kick back and watch all the royalty checks roll in. Image
Clutch Cargo prefers spinners.
Dan Williams III

Postby Rip Lee » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:06 am

Thought I was seeing something familiar...and it WAS one of the pictures I posted on this site a couple of years ago (of the guitar onstage in the April 05 covington concert). Looks like we'll all get rich!!

I check Utube periodically for uploads and recently Sister's Keeper was uploaded - for those of us with no old albums (I was never very good at keeping mine in pristine condition) it surely was great to hear George sing that sweet song. I think the steel and the chord changes are some of the best.

Rip Lee
Rip Lee

Guess My Royalty Check is in the Mail

Postby Dr. Photo » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:26 am

Hey All You Prairie Dogs,

Hope you all come out to Farmingville for THE BIG SHOW !!

A little water never hurt anyone! Just bring the rain coat and put the lighter in a ziploc. (LOL) :wink:

So Hope to c u all there!!!

As always will be there CAMERA READY !! Will try and get them posted to Photo Gallery ASAP.

P.S. To All whom cut and paste the photo's from the gallery . If you use them on a website ( face book, myspace , or youtube) YOU MUST GIVE THE PHOTOGRAPHER THE PHOTO CREDIT. or you can simply PAY for them.

David (The Photoman) Dr. Photo
No Black Or White Just Shades of Grey !
Dr. Photo

Postby john44256 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:29 am

Great Song, one of my favorites
john44256

Postby Tom » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:56 pm

Hey gang,

John, thanks for joining and stopping by.

Dan, the Prodigal Son returns, nice job, much fun.

I do not want royalties. I'm more of a cash under the table kinda guy. We'll talk.

I've been working on a bunch of video's ( along with a few other things)which may end up here or you tube or someplace else. Any PPL fan will surely like them.

You're Between Me has always been one of my top PPL tunes, I consider it a signature song of PPL, one which dictated their style for years to come. They continued to play this song after Craig left , up until early ,76, sometimes using it as an encore. They did a great job with it, it brought the housew down as they extended the end, with Mike ad libbing, the crowd screaming and singing the chorus. They statred it off differently, but when John David Call's steel came in with that wonderful lick, the crowd exploded. Mike Reilly also stated that this tune along with Tears and the unreleased Kentucky Good Girl by George Ed Powell were the songs that, for him, defined PPL.

PPL trivia: The part where Craig sings, "They're so G-Damn good" was something RCA wanted changed fearing radio stations would steer clear of it. They probably could have spent their time better figuring out what palms to grease at radio stations, or maybe trying to book the band with acts that had more in common with PPL and country music.

Hi Rip,
Well when someone brings up George Powell, I can't say enough ! He's a great one, still writing , working on getting someone to sign him . Hopefully he'll get something out at some point.

The Two Lane Highway LP took George to the forefront. Many already knew prior to the LP's release what a tremendous talent he was (especially Craig, John David, and Mike). He had several tunes ( Kentucky Good Girl, Break Me Down in Pieces) which didn't appear on the first two LP's as they were not satisfied how they came out in the studio, feeling they failed to capture what the band did live, the studio sound did not do the songs justice.

Moe PPL Trivia:

I'm told from a reliable source that in Sister's Keeper, the original words were " Tokin' with the Palace Guards". RCA , once again felt the lyrics too provocative ! It ended up " Exchanging tokens with the Palace Guards" This I can fully comprehend. After all, the Palace Guards could not move their lips, their mouths, so they couldn't possibly toke. Furthemore, in the band's infancy, Craig, George and John watched Reefer Madness and saw what marijuana sticks did to a fine pianist named Ralph. He went mad. All PPL band members had to watch this flick each week as a constant reminder of the evil weed and what it could do to you. Incredibly, I think I got a whiff of it from someone in the audience at a concert one time. In the end, RCA may have been right on this one.

I made my own CD with all George Powell tunes and it's outstanding.

Here's a look at the covers:

John's steel is beautiful on Sister's Keeper, but when wasn't it ! His steel took songs from start to finish, his intro's, melodies incredibly creative. He received huge acclim when PPL relesed theit debut LP and it never ended. He took the steel to the forefront, had a very brazen approach and songs were molded around it. Craig and George give John as much credit as anyone for the sound and direction PPL took, going back to their earliest days. In fact, they maintain his contribution had as much to do with song development as the guys who wrote them.

Have a good one,
Tom Sheridan
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League