Durango Co Concert 10/26/07

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Durango Co Concert 10/26/07

Postby Tom » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:18 am

Here's a link to the concert w/Firefall.

http://www.durangoconcerts.com/comingSoon.shtml

I've frequently used the phrase here " It's Pure Prairie League history repeating itself." Well this one really defines it !

PPL played at this same venue, The Community Concert Hall at Fort Lewis College almost 33 years to the date. On December 07, 1974 PPL took the stage there, just prior to entering the studio to record Two Lane Highway.

I'm sure it will be a great show. If any fans who attend it and were also at the 1974 show, well, hopefully you are close to graduating, hang in there.

All the best,
Tom
Last edited by Tom on Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby synchronicity » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:56 pm

The Community Concert Hall did not exist in 1974. I believe that I was at the first
concert, (The 70's are a bit foggy) and the venue was the gymnasium at Fort Lewis College.
I just picked up my tickets for this one today (4th row center), and signed up for the website
(first post)
synchronicity

Postby Tom » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:04 pm

Hi synchronicity,

Welcome to the site. I thought it a real longshot someone at the show would respond, but you never know ! Yes, it was at the gym. Forgive me, I always confuse gyms with community centers. I think they both have seats, but one has hoops and painted faces.

Anyway, here's a little memorabilia for you from that night, the Press release from FLC. Love those ticket prices !

Have a good one,
Tom

"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League