Alive in America '74 ???

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Alive in America '74 ???

Postby hiro » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:32 am

I found PPL new release called "Alive in America '74", Oct.9 at the cduniverse.
What's this?
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... 7698&BAB=E

Alive in America is same as Concert Classics vol.1 with Vince Gill. But '74 means between Craig Fuller and Goshorn brothers. There's no info about this cd. Yes, I know it should be unofficial release but please inform me if anyone know about this album.
Freebird Radio is servin' you the Best Classic Rock, 24 hours a day!
hiro

Postby Tom » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:23 am

Hi Hiro,

This is probably the '74 show from Ebbett's Field in Denver that we've mentioned a few times. It was preveiously released by theses idiots as Songs Of Pure Harmony. Look down the page at a thread called 1974 concert for some info on it. It was recently broadcast by a radio station in Denver. This label should be shut down permanently, they have some balls pulling off what they are doing. There already was a cease and desist order issued years back when they released Concert Classics 1 and Songs Of Pure Harmony. Now they reissue the same things with different names, their "Live In America " series. Don't support them, since the last I heard the band does not get royalties. If that somehow has been corrected, well, screw 'em anyway !

I'm going to see if I can post a 1999 article I have from The Denver Post which gives a rundown on the situation. It's happened to other bands too, like Feat , Ozark Mountain Daredevils, etc.

I purposely did not include these CD's in the Discography for obvious reasons.

Have a good one,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby hiro » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:00 am

Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for reply. I understood about it and read another thread. It seems Songs of pure harmony album.

Have a nice day.
Freebird Radio is servin' you the Best Classic Rock, 24 hours a day!
hiro

Return to Pure Prairie League