Benefit Concert...

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Benefit Concert...

Postby msdrummer » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:04 pm

I had an outstanding time at the Reilly Benefit in Nashville. Meeting the Reilly clan was great, they really made you feel like you were part of their family. Now I see where Mike gets his humor. I flew in from Wisconsin, hoping for temps more in the 60's, but hey, the warmth in the Wildhorse Saloon melted the ice/snow away. I'm glad I could be a part of it. Thank you for informing me of the event. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Musicians and the people who love music definitely came together to support its member. Loved meeting several new people too.
The best to you Mike.
Sherry
msdrummer

Postby LIDog » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:48 am

Sadly, I had to cancel my trip to TN at the last minute, and missed being at the event. It would be nice to hear more about the show, songs they did, etc. What about John Call? Was he great? Did he and Fats play the steel at the same time during any songs? Don't be shy out there! Tell us all about it!
LIDog

Postby Tom » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:49 pm

Hi Sherry,

I'm glad you got wind of the show. It was an important night for the Reilly's, and it's people like you who made it such a huge success.The weather may not have cooperated, but the fans did!

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Benefit Concert

Postby Plum Rose » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:04 pm

LIDog wrote:Sadly, I had to cancel my trip to TN at the last minute, and missed being at the event. It would be nice to hear more about the show, songs they did, etc. What about John Call? Was he great? Did he and Fats play the steel at the same time during any songs? Don't be shy out there! Tell us all about it!

"A picture speaks a thousand words." If it's John David and Fats that you want to see... you will love these pictures!!!
I'll get them to Tom ASAP!
A night of truly great music!!!
Plum Rose

Re: Benefit Concert

Postby LIDog » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:34 pm

[quote="Plum Rose"]
"[b]A picture speaks a thousand words." If it's John David and Fats that you want to see... you will love these pictures!!!
I'll get them to Tom ASAP!
A night of truly great music!!![/b][/quote]

Plum Rose,
I just saw your pictures over in the "photos/memorabilia" section, and how right you are! I love those shots of JD and Fats! How cool is that?!!!
Boy, did I miss a great show.
Thanks so much for sharing your photos with us!
LIDog
LIDog

Return to Pure Prairie League