Need help from old fans!!

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Need help from old fans!!

Postby Gunglosiyl » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:46 pm

I have been trying to find a recording, I think is live, or falling in and out of love/Amie. I just can't seem to locate which CD it is on. BUt I remember hearing it on the radio years ago. Now, I am a musician, and when they play the chords at the end of the Amie recording, I think it goes "with youuuuu" (F to G instead of F to E) and then it ends. It also does this before going into AMie. PLease help, I fell in love to this song (any of the PPL guys reading this, help me out - thanks!)
Gunglosiyl

Postby LIDog » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:22 pm

The live version of Amie from the "Takin' the Stage" record was very popular. Some of that record has been butchered and released as the "Extended Versions" cd. Amie is on it.

I may have to go back to the chords I posted for Amie in Musicians Corner and do some fixing. I think the end of the song goes like this:

A___________________ G___ D________
don't know what I'm gonna do....... I just keep
A______________ D_________ Dm__________ Ddim__________ A____
Falling in and out of love........ with you

One way to do it is to go from a normal open Dm chord to the Ddim playing 3rd string first fret, 1st string first fret, and the D and B strings are open.

I should have paid more attention when I saw Craig do it this past year!

Cheers!
Dog
LIDog

Postby Tom » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:02 pm

Hi makr,

Welcome to the site, nice to have you .

Well you didn't have to wait too long for a response, the chord master, LI Dog has spent a lifetime this past year in the musician's corner giving everyone a listing of all PPL tunes ! A truly remarkable feat , one which took enormous time and is most appreciated by the thousands of fans who have checked it out.

Have a good one,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby jpmagg3 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:10 pm

Thanks for the New Years gift LIDog - I've played that forever and a day going to E from the Dm, but Ddim sounds 'way better!

J
jpmagg3

thanks!!

Postby Gunglosiyl » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:22 pm

Dog,

Thanks much! And for the other replies, including the welcome. Man the pic of the astronaut with the PPL hat is way coolll!

much love
Markr
Gunglosiyl

Return to Pure Prairie League