Rumors, exaggerations & misinterpretations

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Rumors, exaggerations & misinterpretations

Postby prairiedog » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:46 am

Dear Fellow Prairiedogs;

As the fog lifts, I wanted to send a note out to let you know that I made it and I'll be OK. Now to the important stuff.

To all the fans, new friends all over the world, and all those that sent up their prayers, thoughts and energy, I was truly lifted up above the mortal side of life. Believe me, it worked!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart (no, they didn't replace that!). I owe my life to the man who died the night before I would have, had he not been an organ donor. If there's anything you could for me after all your hard work, PLEASE consider signing your organ donor card. Somebody lost a Son and/or a Dad, and enabled me to have a second chance. Someone who needed kidneys, eyes, lungs and heart will get a second chance, thanks to this man's generosity. I pray every day for his family, and I hope you all will join me. The gift of giving someone else life is so precious and heroic, I will be humbled and grateful for the rest of my new days.

My wife Jane saved my life, pre-op and post-op. When I thought I wasn't strong enough, she made me fight, and then relax into God's hands. Her tireless advocacy on my behalf is now legend at UCLA; she spent every day for weeks making certain I had the best of care. Keep in mind that Jane has her own career, plus our family to take care of, and then, with this ordeal, I think any normal person would have folded. She kept over 100 people informed via email almost daily, so the word would spread about my progress. To this day, she keeps making me fight to improve and get better. Jane is truly a remarkable woman, and I cannot begin to express in words how I feel. I'll spend the rest of my life tryin' though.

My dearest friends and bandmates - Craig Fuller (36 years!), Rick Schell, Curtis Wright (the prayer organizer) and Fats Kaplin - could have packed it in when I became ill. Being the de facto leader and Chief Klown, the road this Summer without me seemed daunting and uncertain. Craig reassumed his role as leader passed to me so many years ago, and with the tremendous help and support of Rick, Curtis and Fats hit that uncertain road head-on, playing great shows with a new attitude. Amazing!! With the help of bassist Rick Plant (From Rick's solo band) and Jack Sudgrud (Poco). the bas(s)es were covered. When Curtis had shows with Reba, singer/guitarist Donnie Clark added his talents into the rich tapestry of PPL's music. Fats does his European and Canadian things at the same time each year, so our dear friend John D. Call joined in and reminded everyone where the fire really came from. I am so grateful to these guys for keeping the music alive. I miss playing, but it's temporary. I will be back.

In the mean time, Prairiedogs, get out to the shows, spread the word about All In Good Time, and watch that stage entrance for a truly blessed man to appear.

Sincerest thanx to all,

Mike Reilly aka Prairiedog
prairiedog

Postby Dan Williams III » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:45 am

You are truly a blessed man, Mike, and we are all blessed to know that you are doing well and will be with us for many years to come. We so look forward to when you are feeling well enough to perform on stage again and no doubt your enthusiasm and ours will join to create lots of memorable moments. Thanks for sharing such wonderful news. Hope to see you soon, pal!

Dan
Clutch Cargo prefers spinners.
Dan Williams III

The man in the mirror and the man above

Postby Cincinnatiborn » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:54 am

They say things happen for a reason. Far be it for us to fullly understand that reason sometimes, but you brought tears to my eyes with your genuine gratitude for your wife and the donor who gave you a second chance. She must be a remarkable woman, but what is more beautiful is the love two people have and are not afraid to express. And in your business, especially, some should see that the depth of feelings are to be cherished, nurtured and treated like they are endless. You give a new meaning to "pure" Mike..God bless you and your family..and as I look up this evening at the stars..I wish I may and I wish I might....find the love Mike Reilly knows tonight....
Cincinnatiborn

Re: Rumors, exaggerations & misinterpretations

Postby Vice Admiral Swiss Navy » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:05 am

prairiedog wrote:Dear Fellow Prairiedogs;

As the fog lifts, I wanted to send a note out to let you know that I made it and I'll be OK. Now to the important stuff.

In the mean time, Prairiedogs, get out to the shows, spread the word about All In Good Time, and watch that stage entrance for a truly blessed man to appear.

Sincerest thanx to all,

Mike Reilly aka Prairiedog

Mike:

This is the best news of all to hear you tell us how you are doing firsthand.

Remember PPL is not just a band or a movement, we are a family and from having this forum available people are beginning to realize this family is located all around the planet.

As a member of the PPL family from Waverly, I thank God, Jane and your other family and the rest of the PPL family can't wait to see you back at the next family reunion wherever or whenever it is.

Power, Prayer, Love = PPL = Pure Prairie League

Mike
Vice Admiral Swiss Navy

Postby sjy » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:50 am

Welcome back Mike! Been pulling for ya' all along.

Steve
(Organ Donor)
sjy

Postby LJDJShow » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:57 pm

Boy my day has just been made reading this post direct from The Man Himself "Prairiedog".We are glad to hear you are getting better each and everyday.Looking forward to seeing You soon Mike.
LJDJShow

Postby MartinD28 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:07 am

Great post and glad to hear that things are moving forward. Get well and back to the stage!

Mike is right about the organ donor thing. Nothing is more precious than life. My wife and I both signed the donor cards several years ago.

This is something that Phil Lesh is heavily involved in - a very worthwhile cause!
MartinD28

Postby riverwatch04 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:47 am

Wonderful to hear you came through it successfully Mike! A perfect case in point to show that prayers(particularly our prayers!) never go unanswered!
We look forward to seeing you onstage and talking to you afterwards. We miss your jokes!!!
riverwatch04

Postby LIDog » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:28 pm

Prairiedog,
This is the message that we've all been looking forward to! Thank you for thinking of us (as usual!) Best wishes in your continued recovery!!
Dog
LIDog

Postby Tom » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:36 am

" Remember, sometimes life can be good."

Mike said these words to me several years ago, and I didn't forget them. It may very well be the biggest understatement he ever made.

I think Mike's post lifted all of us out of a fog. Things were happening so quickly leaving all of us in a confused, worried and , I'll speak for myself, maybe at times a little angry state of mind. But through it all we all continued to pray, keeping our hopes alive, waiting for that day when Mike would let us know he's back. His attitude and incredible family support are truly what it's all about. He surely knows how to put things in perspective.

Reading his post was so uplifting, so wonderful and inspiring. And I had to laugh at how , in the end, he reminds us to continue to spread the word about All In Good Time ! Prairiedog , no amount of operations can change what runs through your veins.

Is there any doubt the big guy is feeling better ?

As my dear sister Kathy always said:
It's just another great day !
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League