A vid I've never seen - wow....

Post all Pure Prairie League concert photos, old ads, ticket stubs, promo shots etc here.

A vid I've never seen - wow....

Postby jpmagg3 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:39 pm

jpmagg3

Wow is right!

Postby Doug » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:23 pm

Thanks for posting that! One of my all-time favorite Linda songs. On the Spirit of a Woman album, I remember I just used to listen to that over and over and over. Two minutes of bliss. Fuller, Kaz, Linda, and now Bonnie too? Yeah, wow! Best song Eric ever wrote, and it was such a staple of that genre for that generation. Very fitting that it be performed in honor of Lowell George. Knowing that Craig honors Lowell in each PPL concert, I have a request. Are ya out there listening, Mike? We know you read all the posts, cause you told us so! And thank you for doing that. It shows you really care, and we Prairie Dogs appreciate that. So I bet you know what my request is, right? Talk it over with Craig and see if he also likes the idea. Hey, you guys could sing it accapella! I remember when you guys sang I Sure Do Miss You Now accapella at the first Homecoming concert in Chillicothe a few years back. It really touched the heart. If you and Craig and Donnie and Rick could sing I'm Blowing Away to close the show as the final encore number, what a finale!! You gotta admit it's worth seriously thinking about. I'd even bet Craig might just go for it. He seems to feel pretty strongly about the selection of songs he performs. I'm guessing he may feel strongly enough about this one to maybe even do it, if someone suggested it to him. Thank you, Spike for everything, and thanks jpmagg3 for posting that! Chills, man, chills!
Doug

Blowin' Away

Postby prairiedog » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Hey Doug;
Thanx for your comments. Just so you know, we've sung "Blowin' Away" many times in concert. There have been several times when our friend Eric Kaz shows up at a show, and we've had a piano onstage for him to play. That song (with our harmonies) always gave me goosebumps when we'd sing it. Indeed, a beautiful piece of music, and a joy to perform. I'll pass along your suggestion to Craig, and we'll see what happens !
Thanks again for listening.
Best,
Mike Reilly
PrairieDog
prairiedog

Return to Photos, Memorabilia