All in good time

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

All in good time

Postby woogie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:03 pm

I'm just playing my All in good time cd, man it is just one great cd.
That's all I gotta say. :D
country rock rocks
woogie

Re: All in good time

Postby woogie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:21 pm

woogie wrote:I'm just playing my All in good time cd, man it is just one great cd.
That's all I gotta say. :D

Hold up I got it wrong, after playing it again I gotta say it's better than that.IT'S AWESOME :D
country rock rocks
woogie

Postby oilman55 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:30 am

Woogie,

I agree with your post(s) very much! It seems like every time I listen to it, I hear (or notice) something I never heard or noticed before. The depth and pure quality of this CD absolutely amazes me.

My life would clearly not have been as full without the many variations of PPL (even Vince!) and their fabulous music!

--Oilman
oilman55

All in good time

Postby woogie » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:19 am

Hi Oilman, I know what you mean about hearing something new when you play the cd.
I just got to marvel at the vocals and the instruments played.Just love the guitar work.
Mind you I like all of PPL's music.Best wishes.
Woogie
country rock rocks
woogie

Postby Tom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:36 am

Hi guys,

This CD had been started and stopped a few times over the years as the guys were adjusting their schedules. Certainly it was well worth the wait as it has been proven to be yet another classic from PPL. It's done extremely well for the band. As Craig noted a few times at concerts : " It wasn't released so much as it escaped." And that's what makes it all the more amazing as the CD still grows as does the PPL legend with still another incredible chapter. Many bands over the years have come back with releases that fail to capture what they were seeking. Not so with All In Good Time. The songs from this CD became instant PPL classics at concerts, receiving the same reception as those from decades ago. How many bands can pull that off ?

The guys were fully commited to working on a project where they had full control. For Mike Reilly and Craig Fuller, in particular, it was a real pleasure, no suits looking over their shoulders, no one pressuring them to "add this, take this out " etc, just some brilliant musicians who knew exactly what they wanted and would not release it until they were 100 per cent satisfied with every aspect of it.

Yes, the sound, the depth and everything else about it is top notch, I couldn't agree more. There is a tremendous amount of pride involved and it shows. That's what happens when professionals decide that the proper appraoch is not to try and "make a killing" as they put it, but remain true to their vision and realize the rest will follow. And they were correct on all accounts. No huge ads, no publicity machine, just some of the most talented musicians around with an intense desire to once again open a door , step in , and say hello to a fan base that's been incredibly suppotive for over 40 years now. The only other door that should open is the one to the R & R Hall of Fame but given that creature's present condition, don't hold your breath. Actually, it's almost irrelevant at this point. The fans have spoken for 41 years now , the music is firmly entrenched in our hearts and the various members of PPL are fully aware of their historical postion and the influence they had on so many artists and groups over the last 5 decades. In the end, that's what it's really all about.

All In Good Tme,
Tom Sheridan
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Postby hiro » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:12 pm

I really like this album. One of the best of country-rock.
Is there any plan to release next new album?
Freebird Radio is servin' you the Best Classic Rock, 24 hours a day!
hiro

Postby Tom » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:09 am

Hi Hiro,

Never say never when it comes to PPL.

Nothing is certain, but what looked like something that wouldn't happen maybe two years ago now appears to be a distinct possibility.

Craig is nearing the final stage of a solo CD. How that works out in regards to new PPL material remains to be seen. But.........

The present tour has done remarkably well and the guys have a genuine enthusiasm. John David Call has returned , certainly he is up for a new one and I believe the others would love to do a few new things. But as always, their personal lives and the time involved with them will continue to be their main priority.They will never throw something together for the sake of a new CD, they will need the time from all involved to put together a project that they are fully satified with and the expectations they have of themselves remain quite high. All In Good Time had been started and stopped a few times, but things came together all at once. It certainly wasn't a quickie, and I respect the guys for not doing what I've seen others do: release something that doesn't live up to the legacy, the expectations of the band and it's loyal fans.

If not for Mike being on the sidelines for an extended period a few years ago, it may have already happened. I continue to believe something will happen for two reasons:

First, Mike has made mention of a new project at a few shows this year. He can certainly get over enthusiatic about it at times, but hey, that's Mike, it 's what he's all about. But if it were a dead issue, I don't think he would bring up the topic at a concert.

Second, there is a timetable involved. Right now, PPL is on fire, the guys are clearly enjoying themselves. 2009 was supposedly going to be the year they wrapped it all up, but things change. They are booking shows for 2011, and talk of ending it all has stopped, at least for now. Realistically, how much longer can we expect the guys to do this ? There is a huge personal sacrifice on their part to keep it going, and at some point it may not be possible. Maybe it's now or never time. I'm banking on the guys to attempt another bite at the apple and hoping I'm not being overly optimistic.

All the best,
Tom Sheridan
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

All in good time

Postby woogie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:31 am

You know everytime I play this cd it just knocks me out it's absolutely great.
Must be a classic, every track is brilliant.Thanks for the music guys.
Country rock sure does rock.
country rock rocks
woogie

All in good time

Postby woogie » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:43 am

No I dont get anything for pluggin this cd.
Every time I play it I just have to play it over and over.Man It's just gotta be one of the best Country rock cd's ever produced.If you aint got it in your collection you are missing out Bigtime.I just love it.Thanks for the music guys. :)
country rock rocks
woogie

Postby hiro » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:02 pm

woogie, perfectly agree with you. Perfect album!
Freebird Radio is servin' you the Best Classic Rock, 24 hours a day!
hiro

Postby Mr70Cyclone » Mon May 09, 2011 4:51 pm

Every song is a good one but I really like "Don't Go Confessing Your Love". I try to mention this CD to friends every chance I get, yes it's a classic.
Mr70Cyclone

Postby woogie » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:56 am

Yep no matter how many time I play this cd it just knocks me out.One GREAT cd.
Hey guys when can I expect a check in the post LOL.just joshin.
Anything PPL does is OK with me.
country rock rocks
woogie

Postby woogie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Hey, just playing All in good time again.Man I just gotta say it's one GREAT cd.If you aint got it GET IT you wont be disappointed. :)
country rock rocks
woogie

Postby Tom » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:58 am

Woggie, woogie woogie,

I'm quite perceptive and I'm starting to get the impression you might like this CD.

As with all their stuff, I've never stopped listening to this, a copy is always in my car too. It's done real well for the band and several songs are still on the setlist today an excellent indicator of it's generous acceptance by fans. The last PPL concert I heard a few I hadn't heard before at shows, That Changes Everything Again and Here Tomorrow, Gone Today. They wer smoking hot, superb musicianship and vocals , an outstanding live performance.

Many times I and others have stated that PPL releases were a soundtrack to our lives. I still vivdly recall where I bought them, who I was with, what was going on at the time. I still get flooded with memories of people, places and concerts( I'm amazed to a certain extent that the concert memories are there, must be in the genes).

All In Good Time was no different in that respect however I can say it was bittersweet , a time that the memories of that specific period are none too pleasant. Bear with me on this one.

The anticipation of this release was incredible, the notion that the whole PPL thing had kicked in again was beyond even my never ending optimism . I had already seen them in concert, suffered through a few premature announcements of a release date as the band tweaked things until it met their expectations. Then the bottom dropped out. My dear sister Kathy passed away suddenly,weeks before AIGT arrived in the mail. She too was looking forward to it, knowing full well she would be hearing endless comments and never ending stories of the band, it's history, something that was always generated after a new LP or concert. It just triggered a PPL explosion in me and I was gone, off in my own world, much more than content. She and her husband had become prairiedogs, in the end I guess they really had no choice in the matter.

Well the postman finally showed up with the numerous copies I had ordered just days before Christmas 2005, just like I had planned. Of course the plan was severly altered but the show must go on , right ? Kathy's copy stayed with me, an extra. Despite the obvious emotions that rocked my world, I slammed that thing into the player with as much enthusiam as ever. In fact, maybe more. Bingo ! The world was starting to turn again, maybe the tide was turning. The CD was moving right along, the music fantastic , the 24 year wait for a new CD a distant memory.

Then the song changed.

" I keep dialing up your number, but the phone just rings. I keep driving by your house but you're never there. I guess it must be one of those thing..."

Huh ??? WTF is this ? Where did that upbeat feeling go, who the hell wrote this thing anyway ? One of those things , like this is just another ho hum event in my life ? These guys have brass ones doing this to me.

Of course the song resonated perhaps like no other at that paticular moment. The weird thing, though not by my lofty standards (and those who know me well will readily agree) is that I knew I just had to play this song over and over and over. And I did just that. It worked. After all, you are dealing with someone who played John lennon's Mother continuosly after my parents passed away weeks apart quite sometime ago. Something about that screaming at the end that was so enjoyable.

So, on and on the CD went, in the car , the house, anywhere it could be played. Copies handed and mailed out, Christmas was here and the music a big part of it. The Barking Dog, Jingle Bell Rock and Donde Esta Santa Clause by Little Augie Rios ( still my favorite) would have to wait. PPL takes precedence, no holiday interferes with it.

Of course each year I still think of that time , but today it's far different . Now when I play One Of Those Things I smile, knowing full well that I'm a very lucky person in so many ways. I'm sure Kathy still manages a huge laugh with a shake of her head while she keeps an eye out on her family and an older brother who can sometimes get a little eccentric. And thank God for Diane , the lady who took me from what I thought was a pretty good life into something I never believed really existed except in movies. It's real though. And it's incredible.

All In Good Time friends, All In Good Time,
Tom Sheridan
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Postby woogie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:07 am

Hi Tom, just read your last post, I take a look in the site now and then.Thanks for sharing your story.I know what you mean about certain songs hitting you in the heart.I guess we have all been there at some time in our lives.
I'm pleased to say that AIGT just does it for me.I hear something new everytime I play it.I like all PPL stuff so guess I am a bit biased Lol.Take care Tom have a great new year 2012.
country rock rocks
woogie

Return to Pure Prairie League