Austin City Limits

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Austin City Limits

Postby Tornado » Wed May 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi all, not sure if anyone here recalls, but I remember seeing PPL live on an episode of Austin City Limits around the same time the LIVE record came out. It was the same line-up. THis was my first exposure to the band and it's been all good since then.
Problem: I've been all over the internet and youtube specifically. There is nothing to be found. They split the episode with Bobby Bare. Too bad it was only a half-hour segment. If anyone knows how or where that footage can found, please let us all know. Do not try the Austin City Limit website. You can see the listings of shows there, but no way to obtain footage from them.
Tornado

Postby getbent » Sun May 31, 2009 10:43 am

boy, I sure that would get released. I know a guy who finds this kind of stuff... I'll contact him and see if he can get it... if he can, I'll sure post and tell you where to get it.
I have not intention of leaving the freak era
getbent

Craig Fuller on Austin City Limits

Postby wdmathews » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:55 pm

The performnace by PPL on Austin City Limits got by me, I try to watch ASL when the bands interest me, but I vividly recall the appearance by Little Feat with Craig Fuller back aroung 1990. Craig Fuller performed Willin' and the crowd went wild, jumping to their feet for a standing ovation. Since then I have heard Craig and others do Willin' many times, but nothing matches his performance that night.

If you have your friend dig up the PPL video that would be great, but if he could find a copy of that Little Feat appearance with Craig Fuller doing Willin', well that would be brilliant.
wdmathews

Return to Pure Prairie League