New Craig/LittleFeat on youtube

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

New Craig/LittleFeat on youtube

Postby Rip Lee » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Just when I was despairing about no new music in the middle of a cold, cold winter I stumbled on a cache of wonderful videos by a guy named Jeffsq on Youtube from the recent Jamaica Feat camp. Craig is in all of them it surely looks like he was having a great time. All of the songs sound great and the recording is A+ - do yourselves a favor and check it out. ( I couldn't help but take out the guitar and strum along with a few of them. ) Here's to a concert near Cinti this year!!

Rip
Rip Lee

Postby Tom » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:56 am

Hey Rip,

Great to hear from you, thanks for the heads up !

I believe you meant to say the middle of a " Long Cold Winter", a great tune written by George Powell, Larry Goshorn and Mike Reilly and sung by George.It's on the 1976 release If The Shoe Fits which was yet another high charting PPL entry at a time when a disgusting creature called disco was stinking up the airwaves. The League carried the country rock torch into the mainstream and injected life into it when it was in danger of evaporating !

A concert in Cincy is fine by me, as long as they hit NY. I'm in withdrawal big time: it's been since Sept 7, 2007 since I saw them but that was an incredible night. One of my all time favorite PPL shows and that's saying something from this PPL junkie.

Hopefully we'll all get together someplace this year.

Craig played w/Feat in Jamaica 2 years ago and joined them again in Jan 09 for several full shows and also did an acoustic set.

Here's a link to the Feat videos, pick a winner when you get there, great stuff. Craig has a play on words in Hate To Lose Your Loving. " You're working while I cheat all day" and you can hear Paul say " Hey, that's backwards!"

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_t ... +2009&aq=f

It's great to hear Craig with Feat again, he sounds terrific as does the band. It brings back incredible memories and Craig still belts them out like it was 20 years ago. When they came to NY and played at The Ritz, he was BOOMING them out and he still can, amazing. These shows will become available as downloads or on CD, check the Feat site for details.

I posted some pics from the Feat site in the photo section, nice stuff.

Have a good one,
Tom Sheridan
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Postby LIDog » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Hi Rip, Hi Tom,

Hope everybody's doing great. Thanks for the heads-up on these videos, and thanks for the nice photos.

Speaking of which, to borrow another PPL title, I'll be damned if I know what chord Craig's playing in photo #2!

LIDog
LIDog

Return to Pure Prairie League