Lineup In 2008

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Lineup In 2008

Postby wheland » Sat May 31, 2008 11:15 am

Haven't been here for sometime but I'll be seeing the band in Septrmber on LI with Firefall, Poco and LRB and was wondering who's in the band these days.

Dennis
wheland

Postby Tom » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:16 am

Hi Dennis,

Sorry for the slow response.

Billy Voltare,(aka Jim, your NJ poconut pal ! ) also asked this awhile back and I was hesitant to respond since I had no firm update.

The last I heard, and it was maybe two months ago was that Mike Reilly was doing much better and may play the whole tour. Since I felt it was possibly subject to change, and may still be, I didn't want to mention it. However, I haven't heard anything differently (in fact, have heard very little) let's hope he's back. I know we've all been waiting on it, and we'll see how things shake out. Mike already played with PPL earlier in the year and did several dates last year, surely a good sign.

Next year is PPL 40th anniversary, and I know the band had some projects in mind to celebrate. So let's look with an optimistic eye to the future.

Dennis, Jim and others, I know you are thinking about the Sept.7th concert on Long Island, a huge one. For today, all I can say is let's hope it includes Mike Reilly. Sorry again for the lack of a post but without anything concrete, I didn't think I had too much too offer in terms of solid info.

Take care,
Tom
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Postby wheland » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:58 pm

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I understand perfectly the uncertainty involved. You just never know what tomorrow will bring. We're just lucky to have Mike still around period- let alone playing.

I hope he does get to play all the shows this year. I don't want to take anything away from the way the band sounds without him but he just brings so much to the mix both mucically and personality wise. It just isn't the same without him up there on stage.

I'm looking forward to the show in September for sure- either way. It's got 4 great bands- although I'd prefer it if LRB had the three original mainstays but this lineup does a good job on the music.

We also get the bonus of Richie Furay playing with Poco- and maybe with some of the other bands (wishful thinking on my part).

Dennis
wheland

Postby billyJvoltare » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Tom, thanks for that info on Mike Reilly. It would make a good night GREAT if Mike were to be on hand.

Have you any word on Curtis Wright? Fuller, Reilly and Wright, along with Schell and Fats...in my opinion no lineup in PPL history tops that one. Rivals it, okay, but does not beat it.
billyJvoltare

Return to Pure Prairie League