Long Island NY : Big Show 9/07/08

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Long Island NY : Big Show 9/07/08

Postby Tom » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:22 pm

Hi gang,

It hasn't hit the tour page yet but it looks like there will be a biggie out on Long Island, NY on Sept 7, 2008.

It will be held at the Brookhaven Amphitheater in Farmingville NY.

The show will feature PPL, Poco, The Little River Band and Firefall. It's an outdoor venue, rain or shine I believe.

Here's a link just to give you an idea about the place and maybe check out directions.

http://www.brookhavenamphitheater.com/

Again, it's not listed on their site but keep checking over the next few weeks.

Have a good one,
Tom Sheridan
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

The BIG SHOW ;-) Under the stars.

Postby Dr. Photo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:02 am

Tom and All you Pairie Dogs,

This is one Long Islands last small outdoor ampitheatres . As well the have a lawn section (usally general admission) You won't want to miss a venue under the stars surrounded by old growth pine trees.

Can't wait !!!! As all you Prairie Dogs have seen in the past . If all the artist agree there will be a GREAT PHOTO SECTION!!!

Don't forget the Ram's Head another great place to see PPL and Craig.

So come on out and see the greatest band in LIve and have a beautiful day in the Pines of Long Island.

C Ya There,

David
No Black Or White Just Shades of Grey !
Dr. Photo

Postby Tom » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi Dave,

Great to hear from you , I hope all is well. Have camera, will travel, The Photoman !

Ticket sales should start in two weeks. It looks like Firefall will kick it off with an acoustic set, followed by PPL, Poco, and LRB. Of course that could always change.

These guys have been putting on monster live shows and the outdoor venue looks to be a great place, it's booked many acts in the past and has received much praise. PPL will light this place up !

Have a good one,
Tom Sheridan
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Sky King » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:19 am

I just recieved my tickets for this show.The Ampitheater is really not a small venue,it's capacity is appx. 7,000.
Looking forward on seeing Mike Reilly with PPL AND Richie Furay with Poco.The Little River Band and Firefall will also be on the show..This is one concert that I wouldn't miss for the world.
Sky King

Return to Pure Prairie League