New Photos on Homepage from final 2007 concert

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

New Photos on Homepage from final 2007 concert

Postby Tom » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:12 pm

Hello gang,

Check out the homepage, it's got some great new pictures from the final PPL show in 2007 at St Charles MO.

As Pat Reilly previously noted, Mike Reilly and Curtis Wright were both on hand to bring down the curtain on the 2007 tour, along with Craig, Fats, Rick, Donnie and Stick.

All the best,
Tom Sheridan
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Dan Williams III » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:47 am

Goddam it's tough to get logged in here... You have no idea the problems that exist here with posting...it might explain the lack of activity this past year. If people aren't able to post, how would you ever know that there is this major problem? Anyway, those photos are first rate...best I've ever seen of PPL. What equipment does Dave K use? I was shocked to see Rick in a couple of shots...I always thought that the rule was drummers are to be heard, not seen. Another myth busted! This will likely be my last post...much too frustrating and time-consuming. You technical folks really ought to look into fixing things.
Happy New Year to all!
Clutch Cargo prefers spinners.
Dan Williams III

Postby schmoopy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:44 am

Happy New Year to all the Prairiedogs.

Great photos, this site really does a great job on them. There are also some incredible photos in the Photo Section from Boulton Center, an outstanding show. These amazing pictures are as good as any I've seen, the expressions of all band members , the close up shots, the layout simply wonderful !

Regards, Schmoopy
schmoopy

Postby LIDog » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:44 pm

The photos really are excellent. Thank you Dave K., Tom, and others who have shared them.

It's very nice to see Mike Reilly looking so well.

Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy 2008.

LIDog
LIDog

photos are top notch!

Postby Rip Lee » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:39 pm

Have to agree with that these are the best photos I've seen posted - kudos Dave! Of course having acess to back stage and front row helps - I'm drooling with envy - (photos and equipment!) maybe I'll get an opportunity for competition this year (Ha!)...

Rip Lee

ps Not having any difficulty with posting - even with this blasted dialup...
Rip Lee

Postby Vice Admiral Swiss Navy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:00 pm

Rip:

What do you expect in 2000 Moscow's population was 244, and by 2005 it was down to 239, hell Waverly has 4430 and when I go to visit it is hard to find good wireless there.

Stayed at Bristol Village last weekend and had to use dial-up then.

Mike
Vice Admiral Swiss Navy

Easy to Please with a Trick or 2

Postby Dr. Photo » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:53 pm

Schmoopy,

Thanks for the compliment on my Photography. It's greatly appreciated!!! I do it for all you Prairie Dogs.

Yes, It does help if the band (Craig and Company) allow some of us the access so we can bring you these images.

Also the layouts are done by the amazing webmaster (Dania) without her help the photo section would not exist.

As far as equipent I use Canon :

Body:

EOS SLR 20D 8.2 Mega Pix

lens:

ef 70mm to 200 mm 1:28 ap L series

As well as some other stuff in the bag of tricks.

All my photo's are 90% manually shot . Very little post processing . When needed my darkroom is Photoshop CS2.

Once again Thank you to Craig, John, Rick, Donnie , $tick, Fats for all that they do ! It makes my JOB Easy !!

David ( The Photoman )

See You All Out on the Proud Highway !!
No Black Or White Just Shades of Grey !
Dr. Photo

Return to Pure Prairie League