2008 TOUR being booked !

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

2008 TOUR being booked !

Postby Tom » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:59 am

Hi prairiedogs,

Well, here's some more great news.

Bookings for a 2008 tour are underway !

Many have been asking about next year and now it's official, PPL will be hitting the Two Lane Hoghway once again !

Check the Home Page , there are three shows listed so far with hopefully many more to come. The Legend continues....

Have a great one,
Tom
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Postby jaybuzz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:12 pm

Tom-

I am thrilled to see that they've booked the "Chicken and Egg" festival in Moulton AL. I've never been but have heard It's a pretty cool event.

Moulton is a fairly small town south of Muscle Shoals which has some pretty cool music-related attractions, historic studios, etc. and a great community of musicians, everybody from Amazing Rhythm Aces to Drive-by Truckers.

I can probably arrange a tour of the studios if we get a small group together.

Check out this legendary "swamper" David Hood. http://www.hoodbass.com/

See y'all there!!

jay
jaybuzz

Postby Jessie » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:29 pm

Hi,

PPL is still going strong, another year of the best country rock ever made. It doesn't get any better than that. This is very, very good news !

Jessie
Jessie

Postby AndyAnderson » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi Tom,
Is there a chance PPL will come to South Florida? The Venice Little Theater would be a great place for a show. This guy named Dickey Betts lives just up the road also.And the Cincinnati Reds are inspring traing in Sarasota.
AndyAnderson

Postby Tom » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:52 am

Hey gang,

Don't forget to check the Tour on the homepage. More shows have recently been added. It looks like CO certainly is getting their share ! They've played there twice already and will be heading back. ( I read on the internet that " PPL blew the roof off the place" in one particular show).

The band is also back at Wildwood, a venue they have been very well received at in the past. You know things are going well when some of the same spots pop up each year, and it's nice to see many new ones added. Rick Alter continues to do a superb job bouncing the guys around the country.

Hey Andy,

It's been awhile, I hope all is well.

This guy named Dickey Betts, what does he do ? Is he part of a PPL tribute band perhaps ?

I have no idea about the venue you mentioned. In the past people have contacted a venue to see if they are interested and it's worked out.Of course PPL has to be interested too, schedules etc. Maybe drop them a line ,see what gives.

Tom Sheridan
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Tom » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:09 pm

Please keep checking the Tour on the home page as several new shows have been added recently.

I guess the Colorado Canyon girl is happy. PPL has already hit CO twice, and three more shows are on tap there !

It's not on the home page yet but there's a biggie brewing out on Long Island in NY Sept 7th. SEe the thread re: NY show.

All the best,

Tom Sheridan
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League