Thinking of Mike "Conway" Connor

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Thinking of Mike "Conway" Connor

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:44 pm

Hi prairiedogs,

Well gang, Mike Connor is still with us today. He's still in our thoughts and certainly in our music. I just thought it would be nice to continue to honor all that he gave his family, friends and fans as another year has passed since Conway took off for a better place. Please take the time to send out out a prayer or kind thought. And Conway, please do the same for us !

All the best,
Tom

Tom
Site Admin

Postby Zero Zagnut » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:17 pm

That's a very good thought, Tom and thanks for that post. Michael was such a treasure and there's not another one like him on the planet. I'm sorry to say that one of our fellow prairiedogs passed away last night here in Tulsa. His name was Rick Alan West and he was a local radio announcer/production director/program director who had a great history of loving the music of PPL. When we worked together years ago, we'd have fun sharing our well-known, goofy PPL trivia in an effort to stump one another. He always saw to it that PPL music was played at the stations he programmed and he always made it a point to highlight PPL music in his own radio shows over the years.

http://www.kooltulsa.com/pages/raw.html
Zero Zagnut

Postby Tom » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:43 pm

Hi ZZ,

Well , we have to remember all those who helped make it happen, and there are many. Very sorry to hear your friend has joined Conway but happy to hear you have such fond recollections of him. It sounds like he was a special one and will be missed by the many fans and friends he had. Thanks for the post.

Take care,
Tom
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Tom » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi gang,

Just a note to keep Mike in our thoughts as another year has gone by. Conway gave us the gift that keeps on giving, a very special talent and one all of us prairiedogs still treasure. Let's have a special thought for Mike, his family and friends.

All the best,
Tom
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League