Just Fly and Dance release

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Just Fly and Dance release

Postby steve204 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:13 pm

Just saw on cduniverse.com that titles are scheduled for Oct 30 release...could it be that Live Takin the Stage is coming?
steve204

Postby Tom » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:40 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the heads up on that ! Great news for sure !

I know many are going to be real happy about this, it's long overdue.

Hopefully Takin' The Stage will follow. It's still hard to believe the lame brains released a partial CD set , Extended Versions( which by the way, on it's first release included the classic PPL tune "ANNIE" !) I know the band always wanted the release of the full CD, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby hiro » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:26 am

Thank you for the info.
Freebird Radio is servin' you the Best Classic Rock, 24 hours a day!
hiro

Postby Zero Zagnut » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:54 pm

hey Tom and everyone else here, it looks like our letters and emails to Wounded Bird Records back in 2005 finally made an impact and I know that we will all come through for the folks at Wounded Bird by adding these 2 great CDs to our PPL collections. Way to go everybody!!!
Last edited by Zero Zagnut on Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zero Zagnut

Postby Tom » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:43 pm

Hi ZZ,

Yes, I sure do remember the emails ! Sometimes it can't hurt to complain.

We now have the first two LP's on a twofer CD, Firin' Up has been reissued, and we add Just Fly and Dance, not too shabby. Now we need to get Takin' The Stage rolling !

All the best,
Tom
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Zero Zagnut » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:44 pm

Tom, you are right on. I own "L,TTS" on CD (bought it back in the early 90's), but it deserves to be digitally remastered and reissued. It's one of the best live LPs ever released from any act, bar none. Back in the 70's, I saved up my allowance money to buy the LP, then a couple of years later when I was legal to drive, I bought it on 8-track (crusty old dude here, huh?). Wounded Bird does such a great job on their reissues and I'm sure if we can surpass the 10K mark in sales per each PPL title of their upcoming "Just Fly" and "Dance" reissues, they definitely take a hard look at "L,TTS".
Zero Zagnut

Postby Zero Zagnut » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:11 pm

I arrived at work today to find the "Dance" and "Just Fly" CDs on my desk. They sound great!!! It's so good to hear Mike's tunes "All The Way" and "Fade Away" in crystal clear clarity. "Just Fly" was my first introduction to PPL and it's such a cool thing to have both of these titles on CD. Many thanks to Terry Wachsmuth at Wounded Bird Records for these fantastic reissues.
Zero Zagnut

Postby veetel » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:28 pm

Ordered mine from Amazon and they shipped yesterday woo hoo! I had worn out the vinyl and I sorely missed Dance. I have Two Lane Highway, Can't Hold Back, Firin' Up, Bustin Out, and All in Good Time on CDs and have waited patiently. I also have the
Goshorn Brothers Life CD.

I'm a guitar picker/singer and I cut my teeth with this band. Rest assured, my band will have some PPL tunes on the set list.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Keep your powder dry and your eyes on the horizon.
veetel

Return to Pure Prairie League