Update on Mike?

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Update on Mike?

Postby billyJvoltare » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:20 pm

Hi Tom and everyone. Nice to hear some of the good reviews PPL has been getting, especially on the Poco site. Also, can't wait to find out more on the Nashville DVD, and news of its release.
Does anyone have any further info on Mike Reilly these days? As always, prayers and good thoughts are being sent his way.
billyJvoltare

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:07 am

Hi Jim,

Nice to hear from you.

Mike's been doing well and very busy with rehab, Doctor's appts and editing the Nashville show. Thanks for the thoughts and kind words, let's all keep the Reilly's in our thoughts and prayers that Mike will continue to make swift progress. He's got Jane right there bringing him through this and when all is said and done we owe her a huge party!

I'll be back Mon. with a few more tidbits and updates re: PPL and it's members.

I hope all is well.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby billyJvoltare » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:03 pm

Tom wrote:Hi Jim,

I'll be back Mon. with a few more tidbits and updates re: PPL and it's members.

I hope all is well.

All the best,
Tom

Tom, you've got me quite intrigued. Concertgoers at the 7 Springs show have said JD Call played...is this one of your 'tidbits'?
billyJvoltare

Postby Tom » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:47 pm

Hi Jim,

Is it Monday already ?

You're on the money re: John and the tidbit.

Fats Kaplin has been off on his annual kangaroo hunting expedition in Austrailia with Kevin Welch and Kieran Kane. I'm sure they are putting on some great shows and adding to their Foster's oil can collection.

While the Fats away, the Call will play.

As you know, John played at the Nashville benefit on Feb 17th, along with Fats. He's also played in both shows in Florida in March (there's a pic in the photo section ) and also at 7 Springs. I don't know about other upcoming shows. If I find out something definite on future shows, I'll get it posted in advance.John has popped in several times with the band since last season and the chance to see him and his old high school bandmate Craig team up is always very special. I'm sure if Fats has previous obligations for other shows, John will play if he's available.

I'm not aware of any PPL shows in the NY/NJ metro area yet Jim. They had an offer to play a date in May at The Boulton Center in Bayshore LI (where Poco will play a twinbill on 7/13) but there was a conflict so it may be looked at for another date. It's also expected that B.B. Kings will schedule a date, but nothing confirmed yet.

I'll post a few other notes on a new thread.

Thanks for stopping by Jim. Feel free to ask anything, I'lll try to get you an answer. If not I'll make one up and put it in the Quote Of The Day thread.

Have a good one,

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby billyJvoltare » Sun May 06, 2007 8:28 pm

Tom
I'm just reading this now, but thanks for the info. I would love to see John Call work his steel magic in todays PPL, so I'm keeping my eye on the tourpage, and a show in the NY-NJ-Philly area. (That little place right outside of Philly, the Scottish Rite, in south NJ, where Mike, Craig, Curtis and Rick first regrouped three Octobers ago was pretty darn perfect too...hint hint).
Also thanks for the info on Mike. I always look forward to hearing about him. I hope this day finds him on the continued road to recovery.

Jim

BTW love that new Curtis Wright clip from Mike's benefit show. That DVD is really going to be something special.
Anyway, thanks Tom for all the great work you do on this Pure Prairie League site.
Mighty Fine!
billyJvoltare

Return to Pure Prairie League