Complete PPL Discography?

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Re: Complete PPL Discography

Postby billyJvoltare » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:35 am

denosb wrote:and now for a million bucks -name the song on the Two Lane 8Track that seperated just as the guitar lick was strong(this will give away your age) :D

LOL...there is a great thread about those infamous 8-tracks now on Poconut. Giving away our ages? Definitely!

Those song seperations should have made 8-tracks obsolete from the get-go, but hey, it was the 70's.
billyJvoltare

Postby Zero Zagnut » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:35 pm

Has anyone else noticed how awful the sound quality is on the Concert Classics (Renaissance label 1999) CD? I'm not knocking PPL here, this problem is clearly not their fault. It's just that the source tape the label used should've been left on the shelf. I bought it (and kept it) because I'm a PPL collector otherwise I would list it on eBay and be shed of it. :shock:
Zero Zagnut

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:39 am

Zero Zagnut wrote:Has anyone else noticed how awful the sound quality is on the Concert Classics (Renaissance label 1999) CD? I'm not knocking PPL here, this problem is clearly not their fault. It's just that the source tape the label used should've been left on the shelf. I bought it (and kept it) because I'm a PPL collector otherwise I would list it on eBay and be shed of it. :shock:

The topic has been mentioned before but it's worth mentioning again. This CD, as well as Songs Of Pure Harmony, were issued without the bands approval. PPL as an entity had no input on these CD's. There were issues by people who probably can be , at best, called scam artists.

Concert Classics, among other things, doesn't even get the personnel correct. Pat Bolen, who is a terriifc ,versatile musician and singer/songwriter ,was in PPL when this concert was performed. not Jeff Wilson as the CD states. Can you imagine PPL, seeing this thing released , with the wrong names on it ? More specifically, how do you think Pat Bolen felt when he saw this CD, with an inaccurate band photo on the front and his name nowhere to be found on the credits, , not knowing how and why this CD came about ? Well, I can say for a fact, not very happy, just like the rest of PPL. For a band who had one of the all time great live recordings in Takin' the Stage, to see this thrown out there without their knowledge or input had to be infuriating. It makes them look like they were after a fast buck, when in fact, it was the clowns who issued this who were doing just that.

It was recently mentioned by LIDOG how the new CD, ALL IN GOOD TIME,( have you gotten that one yet ? ) has such a superb sound to it, then he went on to say how every PPL release was always a quality product. Fans of PPL know that the band would never release something that wasn't up to their expectations . I bought these CD's when they first came out, and although I enjoyed them , I liked the raw energy , I knew there were too many things wrong, I knew there had to be a problem and there surely was, the worst kind of problem it seems.

There is a cease and desist order on both of these CD's. It's the old, "you get what you pay for" type thing. It's a disgrace that these morons put these out there for sale. In fact, it appears on a certain site on the internet, they are now attempting to get it back out there ! PPL has been informed and now must go through the trouble of acting upon the cease and desist order already issued. Renaissance is a bad joke. And that's the story of this CD.

Now for a 60 second commercial break : Fans , it's here, the long awaited CD from Pure Prairie League, All In Good Time !! Yes, that's right ! The country rock legends who thrilled us in the 70's into the 80's have returned with a sensational new release which has music fans in a frenzy, jamming the inernet to get their orders in !! Reilly and Fuller have decided it's time the prairiedogs of the world start howling again, and you will too, once you get your copy !! Don't wait, act now ! All in Good Time, well the time is now !! Hear the classic sounds of PPL on such standout tracks like "Gettin' Over You ", " Don't Go Confessing Your Love", "Cajun Girl", Cost Of Doing Business", Here Tomorrow, Gone Today" and a bonus live cut " If You Say What I'm Thinking". There is more, much more, don't delay, get your copy today, be a prairiedog !!

And so please be advised if you are less than pleased with the sound or info on the PPL Concet Classic CD or Sounds Of Pure Harmony CD ( which does not include Craig Fuller as the CD states ! ), it's the result of some fools who were intent on making a few bucks at the expense of the artists, who got nothing.

Take care ZZ, nice to have you here,

Tom
Last edited by Tom on Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Zero Zagnut » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:53 pm

Tom, thanks for clearing that up. I figured PPL had nothing to do with those releases, but it does my heart good to know that they've issued the ol' C&D on those discs.
Zero Zagnut

Complete PPL Discography

Postby riverwatch04 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:53 pm

As wanting as that PPL concert disc is in sound, it's a Grade A performance when compared to the awful one by Firefall that was put out at the same time(in 1999) This one also featured a show from 1979 and really caught Rick Roberts and Larry Burnett on an off night!
riverwatch04

Re: Complete PPL Discography

Postby Zero Zagnut » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:42 pm

billyJvoltare wrote:
denosb wrote:and now for a million bucks -name the song on the Two Lane 8Track that seperated just as the guitar lick was strong(this will give away your age) :D

LOL...there is a great thread about those infamous 8-tracks now on Poconut. Giving away our ages? Definitely!

Those song seperations should have made 8-tracks obsolete from the get-go, but hey, it was the 70's.

and now for my impersonation of "Amie" as played on a good ole' radio shack 8 track tape deck:

"Amie, what you wanna.................ZZZZZZZZZ, CAH-CLICK!!!
(fades up)........do, I think I could stay with you..." :roll:
Zero Zagnut

Previous

Return to Pure Prairie League