Country Rock web-radio!

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Country Rock web-radio!

Postby hiro » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:57 pm

Hi Prairiedogs!

Just for your info: I'm running non-profit classic rock internet radio station for 5 years, so called Freebird Radio and I've just started another station, too. It's playing only classic country rock or westcoast rock. Of cource, I play so many songs of PPL, Fuller's related band (American Flyer and Fuller & Kaz), Poco, Eagles, Jackson Browne, Dan Fogelberg, Linda Ronstadt, Bonnie Raitt, Firefall, Asylum artists and much more. I recently added three movie soundtrack, "Urban Cowboy", "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and "FM". Youcan request any songs.
Hope you'll enjoy the radio.
http://www.freebirdradio.com/hiro/sam/

hiro from Tokyo
Freebird Radio is servin' you the Best Classic Rock, 24 hours a day!
hiro

Re: Country Rock web-radio!

Postby Shyaruck » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:55 pm

Been listening all afternoon! Awesome stuff. I am just diggin this. Will have it on all the time from now on. Thanks so much!

hiro wrote:Hi Prairiedogs!

Just for your info: I'm running non-profit classic rock internet radio station for 5 years, so called Freebird Radio and I've just started another station, too. It's playing only classic country rock or westcoast rock. Of cource, I play so many songs of PPL, Fuller's related band (American Flyer and Fuller & Kaz), Poco, Eagles, Jackson Browne, Dan Fogelberg, Linda Ronstadt, Bonnie Raitt, Firefall, Asylum artists and much more. I recently added three movie soundtrack, "Urban Cowboy", "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and "FM". Youcan request any songs.
Hope you'll enjoy the radio.
http://www.freebirdradio.com/hiro/sam/

hiro from Tokyo
Shyaruck

Postby Tom » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi hiro,

Thanks for the info.

It's great the country rock sound is still in the hearts of fans all over, so many years later. Many stations in the 70's wouldn't give it a shot and today we have guys like you still getting it out there. Best of luck with it.

Take care,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby hiro » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:08 pm

Thanks zumacraig and Tom,

Yes, country rock is still in my and my Japanese friends' hearts! I'm still enjoying to learn country rock. When I was a teenage boy, I just know very few famous artists. But I've found there're too many great artists. I had only 2 PPL album but now PPL is my most favorite after buying several albums. :D

Radio playlist is including some Hawaiian music. Most of country rock fans may think Hawaiian is just an old-fashoned island traditional music, but Cecilio & Kapono, Kalapana and so on also play great music with country rock style. Try them.

hiro
hiro

Postby Shyaruck » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:30 am

yes i really like the hawiian music. great stuff. keep it up!
craig

hiro wrote:Thanks zumacraig and Tom,

Yes, country rock is still in my and my Japanese friends' hearts! I'm still enjoying to learn country rock. When I was a teenage boy, I just know very few famous artists. But I've found there're too many great artists. I had only 2 PPL album but now PPL is my most favorite after buying several albums. :D

Radio playlist is including some Hawaiian music. Most of country rock fans may think Hawaiian is just an old-fashoned island traditional music, but Cecilio & Kapono, Kalapana and so on also play great music with country rock style. Try them.

hiro
Shyaruck

Postby billyJvoltare » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:37 pm

Hiro, this is excellent.

I haven't heard a track that I don't love, yet.

Awesome, and keep up the good work!

THANKS!!!!
billyJvoltare

Postby hiro » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:32 pm

Hi billyJvoltare,

I'm so pleased to hear that. :D I'm trying hard to introduce especially PPL.
hiro

Postby jpmagg3 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:32 pm

Very nice webcast site, Hiro - thanks! I finally had a chance to listen for a while today and really enjoyed the playlist!

John
jpmagg3

Postby hiro » Sat May 12, 2007 10:21 am

Too many things on the site have updated since the first post. Appearances changed, many albums added. Please take a look. I wanna add PPL's Mementos and others that still I don't have but it's so hard to find. :roll:
hiro

Postby veetel » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:53 pm

Excellent station. Dude, you blow all the crap stations in Phoenix right out of the water with a single salvo. Thanks so much.

Call me a dedicated listener.
Keep your powder dry and your eyes on the horizon.
veetel

Postby hiro » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:23 am

Hi veetel,

Thanks for listening. I'm running radio just as a hobby. But I wanna do something for great country rock bands and fans. PPL should be more popular. Did you listen to the Eagles's new album? I bet All In Good Time is 100 times better than Long Road Out Of Eden. I expected Eagles will be back to country rock when I listened first single, JD Souther's "How Long", but it's just one song. They have fogotton their good old days or early country rock outlaw style was just a fake to be a big star.
hiro

Postby veetel » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi Hiro,

Good stuff and I can listen at work. They block internet radio so I have an extensive collection of tunes on my laptop. I haven't heard the Eagle's new one yet. I don't normally listen to radio because I hate commercials. I don't do subscription like Sirius either because I hate the idea of paying for something I don't want. Phoenix radio is just plain sad. I've been around the world and the best I've heard is the Q in Great Falls MT. Good format and no commercials.

Have you ever listened to Sister Hazel. They're a high energy rock and roll band from the sunshine state of Florida. Chasing Daylight is my favorite, but I have the entire catalog.

I'm in a band myself doing country rock tunes. I play a Takamine EF341SC acoustic/exectric with a Marshall Acoustc amp. I also play a classic 70s American Strat through a Marshall half stack. The mixer is Yamaha, the PA is Peavy and the mikes are Shure. We're workin on the set list and are shootin for 25 rock and 25 country covers in addition to our own originals. So far so good.
Keep your powder dry and your eyes on the horizon.
veetel

Return to Pure Prairie League