Dance

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Dance

Postby billyJvoltare » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:08 pm

A very classy Poconut gave me a copy of this old album on CD at a Poco show last week. It's one of the few I'd never bought back in my HS and college days and I'd never heard it in its entirety (though some songs appear on Live Taking the Stage).
I think this is an excellent album of songs. Very strong and melodic. JD Calls playing and picking is a true highlight.
He also included on the same CD Just Fly. A few good songs but many were weak, with rather trite lyrics; though the playing was awesome as always. Seems to me the Goshorns were maybe getting a little tired of the lack of appreciation by the masses and didn't give it their best.
Just my opinions. It would be great if the upcoming new CD could really achieve some decent sales numbers and inspire someone to re-release some of these older, nearly forgotten PPL albums. There are some truly wonderful tunes waiting to find a new audience, I think.
billyJvoltare

Re: Dance

Postby Zero Zagnut » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:27 pm

billyJvoltare wrote:A very classy Poconut gave me a copy of this old album on CD at a Poco show last week. It's one of the few I'd never bought back in my HS and college days and I'd never heard it in its entirety (though some songs appear on Live Taking the Stage).
I think this is an excellent album of songs. Very strong and melodic. JD Calls playing and picking is a true highlight.
He also included on the same CD Just Fly. A few good songs but many were weak, with rather trite lyrics; though the playing was awesome as always. Seems to me the Goshorns were maybe getting a little tired of the lack of appreciation by the masses and didn't give it their best.
Just my opinions. It would be great if the upcoming new CD could really achieve some decent sales numbers and inspire someone to re-release some of these older, nearly forgotten PPL albums. There are some truly wonderful tunes waiting to find a new audience, I think.

Billy, I couldn't agree more. I'd love to see some great reissue label like Wounded Bird Records release "Dance" and "Just Fly" as a 2-fer (2 Lps on 1 CD). I'd also like to see them remaster and re-release "Live! Takin' The Stage", too (especially for the fans that missed the original RCA CD release). I know they'd do a nice job and do a "Stage" reissue the justice it deserves.
Zero Zagnut

Postby pool_of_tears76 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:45 am

I've been away from this forum for awhile now.

I'm working on very clean transfers of Dance and Just Fly from vinyl. Work is almost ready. :D

As for Takin' The Stage, the original RCA cd was terribly edited. Some songs are missing the spoken intro's, fade out too early, etc...Well, I plan to fix that as well. :)

Stay tuned. I may even do a transfer of my Bustin' Out vinyl. The RCA cd is terribly flat and dull sounding.
pool_of_tears76

Return to Pure Prairie League