Thanksgiving Thought

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Thanksgiving Thought

Postby Pearl Snaps » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:25 pm

Hi All,
A very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I was watching the History Channel Monday night . (Boy is that a sign I'm getting old!) The subject was the History of Thanksgiving and I heard one of the hosts saying that the reason there is so much enjoyment, and much less stress than there is around Christmas is because there are no expectations, or worries about gifts or did I spend enough momey, etc. She stated it's simply a day for family and friends to get together and "Be Thankful" for whatever we have. What a great holiday! I am very thankful for the gift of music, and want to thank the boys in PPL for sharing their gifts with us. It cannot be easy for the group to continually work around family obligations, loved ones, financial responsibilities, and just everyday living, to get down to creating wonderful pieces of art, but they have done it, and continue to do so. I could live without Pure Prairie League, but I'm thankful I don't have to! By the way, Tom could you slap that Thanksgiving Card from last year (The one where the boys are playing at the first Thanksgiving) somewhere so I can see it again, I don't know why but that gave me a real laugh. Have a great holiday.
Pearl
P.S. Even if you're not a football fan you should check out both the morning and afternoon pro games tomorrow. John Fogarty is going to be the haltime entertainment at the first game in Detroit, and then fly down to (Dallas I think) to be the entertainment for the afternoon game. Who says age slows us down!
Pearl Snaps

Postby Tom » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:47 am

Good morning prairiedogs,

Pearl, thank you for expressing such kind thoughts !

I hope all of you have a wonderful day, and if you are on the road, please be careful.

I'm sure all of us have something to be thankful for, even if you have to dig down deep ! And if you truly can't find it, well be thankful that you can still moan about it. There, that was very philosophical, right? Wow.

Today the music starts early, long before the crowd shows up. This way, as they enter, the message is delivered loud and clear: No, you can't watch the parade. No, there will be no March Of The Wooden Soldiers. Football ? The corner bar has it on (or so I am told).

We start with the very 1st release, and move forward. We hit on some live concerts. We hit on some mixes.We try not to fall into the CD player or knock over the dinner table or drop a plate of food in my lap.

At least that is the plan. It will no doubt fall apart . It always does. But that's OK.It's a real nice day hopefully for all.

Thanks again to everyone who stops by this site, I wish you and your families nothing but the best.

Pearl, here's that picture you requested along with a few more documenting Sad Luke's misadventures.

All the best,
Tom

Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League