Rick Schell sighting

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Rick Schell sighting

Postby LIDog » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:25 pm

I had the great pleasure of seeing Rick Schell on the town last night, jamming with guitarist Danny Torroll and bassist Ger Hoffman at Jonathan's Grille in Antioch, Nashville. They rocked! They made one heckuva trio, playing a whole bunch of Rock n Roll favorites for the crowd. Rick sang an awesome version of Little Richard's "Lucille" in addition to many other classics.

Rick, Danny, and Ger are as nice as they are talented, making me feel right at home, and offering lots of friendly advice on things to do while in town. Thanks for a great time guys!

Dog

P.S. PPL's last show of the year is coming up this Friday in York, PA. So don't miss it if you can go!
LIDog

Postby Tom » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:05 am

Hey Dog,

Thanks for the report on Rick. It sounds like you are enjoying your trip !

Rick is always busy, he seems to have a show going on somewhere and has a wide cast of friends who play just about anything. Rick has an incredibly diverse background in music going back to his early days in upstate NY and continuing down into Nashville. We're real lucky he came to his senses and gave Pinmonkey the heave -ho, knowing full well what it means to be part of the PPL legacy. At least that's my take on it !

Travel safely,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League