Is there a list of the concerts that they did in the 1970s?

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Is there a list of the concerts that they did in the 1970s?

Postby Smorts » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:36 am

Hi,

In the late 1970s (but cannot remember either 1978 or 1979), PPL came to me college and did a concert. A friend needed help to work the concession booth and I ended up helping her instead of being in the audience. I did once have the LP but cannot remember the title but remember a part of it (may be the backside) looked like a bunker or old house/cabin. Any way, the college I went to then was Dana College in Blair, Nebraska and I wonder if there is a list of their concerts somewhere - sort of nostalgia thing for me.

Lori
Smorts

Postby Tom » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:33 am

Hi Smorts,

Thanks for joining.

I'm not aware of a list of shows. I have many dates from '79 but the one you mentioned isn't on there, they are mostly from the summer . If I come up with anything I'll let you know. There's a whole lot of nostalgia going on here , with much more to come, as well as some real nice present day stuff which we will all hopefully be talking about for many,many more years. As for the music, check out the new double CD release which has the first two LP's on it. Then get a copy of Two Lane Highway, Firin' Up( originally released the year after you saw the show) and the new CD All In Good Time.They are all readily available and will give you some terrific music to get you reaquainted with the past and also catch up on today's lineup.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League