Firin' Up re release

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Firin' Up re release

Postby Tom » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:34 pm

Firin' Up, the LP from 1982 which had PPL as hot as ever with Vince Gill in the lineup, is being released again on 10/24/06.

This is great news as now it can be had at decent price, no more gouging from ebayer's.

Today's PPL has played several tunes from this LP over the past few years including the top ten hit Let Me Love You Tonight, I'll Be Damned,Too many Herataches In Paradise and I'm Almost Ready. It also includes the ripping Lifetime of Nightime and Janny Lou among others. The LP is loaded and it's also historically significant as this is where Vince Gill really first scratched the surface of his songwriting abilties, credited on 6 of the tunes. Gill gained national recognition as a result of this LP and has credited PPL for much of his success throughout his career.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Jazzman » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:01 pm

An excellent Cd. Sure glad I bought all the releases as they came out. I've seen the live cd go for a hundred bucks on ebay :shock:
Jazzman

Postby veetel » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:44 pm

I got one to replace the vinyl I had before. I'd love to see more re-releases of the Goshorn era. I have Two Lane Highway and Can't Hold Back. I'm really after Dance and I love the chord changes in Tornado Warning. I cut my teeth playing guitar to these guys. I even had an Ibanez L6 copy until I had to move overseas. I play a Fender Strat now. Glad to have them back.
Keep your powder dry and your eyes on the horizon.
veetel

Postby pool_of_tears76 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:47 pm

veetel wrote:I got one to replace the vinyl I had before. I'd love to see more re-releases of the Goshorn era. I have Two Lane Highway and Can't Hold Back. I'm really after Dance and I love the chord changes in Tornado Warning. I cut my teeth playing guitar to these guys. I even had an Ibanez L6 copy until I had to move overseas. I play a Fender Strat now. Glad to have them back.

I've just done a needledrop of Dance...it sounds great! Just Fly will be next

Soon, I'll have needledrops of all RCA era PPL albums.

Takin' The Stage sounds the best of them all...unlike the late 80's cd, there are NO edits. :D
pool_of_tears76

Return to Pure Prairie League