Songs out of sequence question.

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Songs out of sequence question.

Postby Tornado » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:59 pm

This has probably been brought up somewhere, but does anyone else's cd contain out of sequence songs with those listed on the cd sleeve? I sure do miss you know is #9 instead of #2 on mine. I am assuming they are all misprinted.
Tornado

yep 2 is 9 on mine

Postby getbent » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:26 pm

I just assumed that the order changed after the artwork went to press....

btw I think track 9 is the best song on a cd full of great songs..... I am gonna sit down and learn that one this weekend! an instant classic!
I have not intention of leaving the freak era
getbent

Postby Tom » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:44 am

...number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9...

Have you tried playing it backwards yet ? You can clearly hear Craig say " I buried hip hop" and " Tupac is dead, I sure do miss you now, I sure do miss you now."

Hi guys,

getbent, welcome to the site, nice to see you join and jump right in. Fresh blood on the prairie cellblock. Or something like that.

Well, it's the first I heard about it !

When and where did you guys get the CD ?

I know last year, maybe a month before the CD was released on this site, they sold about 200 advance copies, all they had at that point, at a show in Pa I think. But I believe that one had the correct listing, just a few slight differences.

I believe that the packaging may have been done a few times as more Cd's were pressed etc, and more orders were processed as the CD was selling well.Just a guess, but I think at some point maybe there was a change in where and who was doing the packaging and possibly that was when some CD's were put out with the listing you guys mentioned.Now I must get a copy of a CD with that listing !

Take care,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Bull Moose

Postby Tornado » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:25 pm

I got mine at a record chain here in Maine called Bull Moose a week ago. I saw it the bin for $13 and some change and picked it right up. Who knows how long it had actually sat in the store before I bought it though?
Tornado

Postby LJDJShow » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:50 pm

I got mine at the Ramshead show in 2005 when it was first released and seems like Mike mad a comment on stage that night about the song list on the insert was not in order of the songs on the cd and who knows those maybe a collectors item one day.I got the impression that it was gonna be corrected before the next batch of cd's were presssed.
LJDJShow

Postby Tom » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:24 pm

I guess the original printing of the CD package exceeded the roughly 200 CD's that were pressed for the Ram's Head show, then the band made the changes on the CD, new packages were made but the old ones were never discarded and ended up used on the new CD. So if you have it, well you have the "special" one.

The CD Extended Versions also had a very amusing problem. That one had two release dates as you may notice on some sites. The first one released had Annie on it instead of Amie ! The CD on the second release date had the correct name. It's hard to believe they got that song mixed up.

Take care,
Tom
Last edited by Tom on Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby fanzine » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:17 am

HMMM... BMG/RCA making a mistake. Say it's not so. This is the same record company that listed Mike Connor as Mike O' Connor on the back of the Dance. lp. These guys didn't even know who was in the band.
fanzine

Postby Tom » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:13 pm

fanzine wrote:HMMM... BMG/RCA making a mistake. Say it's not so. This is the same record company that listed Mike Connor as Mike O' Connor on the back of the Dance. lp. These guys didn't even know who was in the band.

Hi Steve,

That one always killed me! How inept is that ! How hard is it to get the man's name right, how many people lookd at it and never gave it a second thought. Unbelievable.

Another beauty was on the first LP, when they had John David Call playing the "sho-boo" steel guitar. Of course it was Sho-Bud, but what's in a name, right ? What's really funny is that some copied the misinformation when writing about the band.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League