How can we get them to do a DVD?

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

How can we get them to do a DVD?

Postby Elktrail » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:56 pm

Poco released a DVD "Keeping The Legend Alive" that show I keep playing over and over again. It captured them in fine form with founder Richie Furay. As far as I'm aware there is nothing except a few excerpts of Pure Prairie League out there with any lineup. This is the best way of getting a historical, enjoyable and memorable show to their fans that may not be able to get to their live shows. I don't know about any of you, but even if I was at a show I like being able to re-live it both musically and visually any time I want. I'm craving a DVD from them!!!! Also bring on all line-ups and make it special for everyone!!
Elktrail

Postby Tom » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:17 am

Hi Elktrail,

Nice to hear from you.

Well, I think a DVD is something we all crave!

From the moment PPL returned, and especially after the release of All In Good Time, fans have had one thing on their mind: more PPL in any shape or form. A few more studio CD's, a live CD, a DVD, continued touring are all very much high on the agenda of PPL fans. Let's face it, we are a greedy bunch, we want it all !

After the appearance of John Call and George Powell at Chillicothe last year the reunion thing always pops up.I'm sure the band is thrilled to see the response of fans, that all the hard work they put into the comeback has received such tremendous support from both critics and fans. But it's the response of fans that is their main concern.

Certainly the continued recovery of Mike Reilly is first and foremost on everyone's wish list. He makes it all happen. Obviously his sudden and unexpected illness this past summer was something that cannot be overlooked in terms of PPL's future. We are thrilled Mike is doing well, and hopefully the big guy will get it all going again if he sees fit to do it.

Mike , his family,and all band members had a truly harrowing experience over the last several months. No doubt, any thoughts of additional projects had to be put on hold. It's a major tribute to the band that they were able to go out and put on some incredible shows given the circumstances. It had to be extremely disappointing( that's an understatement) to all involved when Mike went to the sidelines. Here they were, after all their hard work, with a new CD out,ready to go out and promote it, and suddenly before they start they get a major setback, an enormous jolt personally and professionally.These guys had to go out and perform knowing their close friend was in dire straights.It's hard to imagine what went through their minds. But they did what they had to, and did it incredibly well. And the fans ,as usual, responded.

I don't know if a DVD had been considered but lets's face it, without Mike in the lineup, then no DVD. Who would want that anyway ? That's a project which would require some very specific planning in regards to the venue, any guests etc. Let's hope something like that is in the future, that Mike, Craig, Curtis, Fats and Rick can make it happen.

I'm hoping the guys have the time to continue and bring it all to us, these guys are special and have so much to offer. I personally think they have such a load of talent that they can expand in several directions, while still remaining in the same PPL country rock roots mode that All In Good Time brought us. I guess we'll have to wait and see, I'm sure at some point the guys will sit down and evaluate and plan their future. And thank God Reilly will be there to talk about it !

Let's continue to let these guys know where we stand ! I have to believe they already know , and PPL will be Takin' The Stage in the future. Mike said in a 1975 Rolling Stone interview " Man, we just want to be loved." Well, he's got that for sure, all we want is to continue to do it. Just for another 10 years or so, that's not asking too much right ?

Have a good one,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

I hear where your coming from Tom

Postby Elktrail » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:21 pm

All the reasons you state is exactly why it should be in the plans, maybe not right now but soon, most undoubtably once Mike has recovered. The road of life is hard on us mortals and time sometimes doesn't allow the chance. It would be a great keepsake for everyone involved and with the talent that is there and has been there they could hit a homerun! Let's keep hoping.
Elktrail

Postby jaybuzz » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:07 pm

I agree with Elktrail completely.. I picked up the Poco live CD with bonus DVD at the show in Mntgy last month and have enjoyed it immensely.

It would be a real treasure if a similar PPL offering was available. I've been wearing out the "Willin" and "Sure Do Miss You Now" video clips from BB Kings some kind soul posted on youtube- bad focus, spotty sound quality and all..

JayBuzz in Bham
jaybuzz

Thanks jaybuzz and Tom for your replies

Postby Elktrail » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:21 pm

I'm sure PPL has been thinking of it. I'ts probably more of a logistics effort, especially after the recent reformation along with Reilly's health. I'm just hoping that through the fan forum and those that have access to the show's that we can somehow impress upon them to actually video tape the shows so that the special night can be captured(it could be any night when that special show happens that they would want to release). It would be a shame to lose it! Who knows it might be one of us fans that have access with the right gear. Granted professional would be better, looking at other offerings from other artists! Let's keep hoping and any opportunity to relay this to them happen.
Elktrail

Postby Tom » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:32 pm

Well I think the band knows were all the prairiedogs stand on a DVD release, and if they should decide to get one done, you can be sure it will be a quality effort, much like the new CD. Hopefully it will happen, let's face it, a DVD belongs in the PPL catalogue.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby billyJvoltare » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:15 pm

Amen to Mike's continued recovery FIRST...
and after that, you have my added vote for the next CD or DVD (or both) project.
Stay on that road to recovery, Mike Reilly. We have patience, and will wait for you to come back 100%.
billyJvoltare

Return to Pure Prairie League