Wow ! Very special guest at Humphrey's Show !!!

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Wow ! Very special guest at Humphrey's Show !!!

Postby Tom » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:12 am

Hopefully someone will post about last night's show. Word had it leading up to the show that someone would make a surprise appearance and I'm hearing something truly wonderful !!!

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Tom » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:44 am

Ok no sense in waiting, it's not fair to those who are checking the thread right ?

Well, the big guy himself returned to the stage last night !!!

Halfway through the show Mike Reilly came out, shocking everyone. Mike sang Falt Tire Merle and I'm told the crowd was more than thrilled to see him back.

In addition, Mike brought his two sons out on stage, as Happy Birthday was sung for the oldest one who turned 16. I can't imagine a better birthday present for him, having his Dad by his side. What a moment this must have been for the Reilly family, after the incredible ordeal they have gone through. And what a moment for the fans and band , who have been keeping Mike and his family in their thoughts and prayers. Let's continue to wish the Reilly's well and a speedy recovery for Mike.He's made quite a few entrances in his over 30 years as a PPL'er but this one has to rank as #1 with a bullet. I only hope he doesn't try to top it.

Let the miracle continue, welcome back prairiedog !!!

All the best,
Tom

"... and on bass guitar and vocals, the guy doing all the talking, Mr. Michael Reilly..."
Tom
Site Admin

Postby billyJvoltare » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:37 pm

I just read the great news over on the Poco forum. Best news possible! Keep up the recovery Mike!
billyJvoltare

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:32 pm

Mike looked pretty frail, but that is to be expected. Then he put on the bass and said he was part of an early release program. You could see the energy possess him. I think that was the best medicine he could have gotten. I was honored to be a witness. As we all get older, we must persevere. Keep on getting better, Mike.
Dave

You are only young once, but you CAN be immature forever.
RedRiverPatrol

Postby Tom » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:57 am

Hi RRP,

Thanks for stopping in and dropping such a nice note, most appreciated by all.

One thing about Mike, the guy defines perseverance Mike's worked extremely hard just to get to the point where he could pop in at Humphrey's. He still has some work ahead of him but he's very determined, has that attitude we all admire and fans and band members feed off it.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League