Before you post your ad on this site...

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Postby Dan Williams III » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:29 am

They're a bunch of predatory deviates with no conscience whatsoever. It's so despicably pathetic how low some creatures will go for a potential buck. Perhaps mine is an exagerated overreaction, but I for one don't play their game.
Clutch Cargo prefers spinners.
Dan Williams III

spammers

Postby prairiedog » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:22 pm

Prairiedogs;
I'm working with our webmaster to tweak our anti-spam software. These assholes just seem to be able to hack thru sometimes. Kinda like a mutating virus. Sorry to subject the fans to this crap. We'll keep working on it.
Prairiedog
prairiedog

Postby admin » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:41 pm

Unfortunately I've been unable to hit this site every day for the last few due to a few things going on here. Rest assured I check on this on a daily basis, at least several times a day, day and night, and have since the site came up. I can say that probably 99% of the postings have never been seen by most, and that's good. There are various sites and groups that when one signs up, they come in droves. On any given day there may be as many as 50 "members" that I delete and then ban by both name and IP address. I have also banned certain Codings from these groups, but there are always more.If a post slips through it gets deleted, so please bear in mind that can happen. In the meantime obviously do not check out there site. And if someone signed up and I didn't like the site, it's banned even if a post is never made, which is generally the case.It's not being ignored, sorry a few slipped through in the last few days.

Tom
admin
Site Admin

Postby HarryVanderpool » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:20 pm

We had a similar problem, maybe from the same goofballs on our website.
We found that the spam, particularly the ones that show up across all categories were not from folks logging on to our site, rather they were hacking through to all message boards on the server.
Our board server set it up so that you must log in to post, OR you must verify a code on the screen. This cancelled the hackers automation.
We were also deleting hundreds of messages every month.
Since the change, we have had 4 spam hits.
Go to:
http://orsba.proboards27.com/index.cgi

and enter an anonomous post. You will see the hoop that has stopped our spam.
Hope this helps
Harry
HarryVanderpool

Return to Pure Prairie League