Pure Prairie League/Bustin Out, Twofer

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Pure Prairie League/Bustin Out, Twofer

Postby Proud1 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:29 am

Great News, just had an email from Amazon.co.uk. Arcadia are releasing Bustin Out and Pure Prairie League as a twofer on July 31st. I'll be preordering one for sure. 8) :D
Proud1

Postby Tom » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:12 am

Thanks for the update Roger, it's about time the debut LP will once again be available to fans on CD, what an incredible package deal. Certainly the return of PPL and I'm sure the many emails from prairiedogs has helped. Now let's get the rest of PPL on CD.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Proud1 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:56 am

Thanks Tom

an incredible package indeed, got my copy this morning, listened twice today so far. So good to hear Early morning Riser, Country Song, Amie, Jazzman, You're between me, and all those other wonderful songs all on the same package, AND still sounding as fresh as ever, still get the old buzz listening to these songs. Thanks Acadia for a job (finally) well done.
Proud1

Postby Jerzeypocofan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:16 am

I got my copy signed by Craig Fuller 2 weeks ago at the Penns Peak show.
Craig didn't know about the new release...he was kinda suprised.

The sound quality on the disc is much better than the original release.
Jerzeypocofan

Postby Tom » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:36 pm

Hey Jerzey,

Nice to hear from you.

Last year Craig signed the twofer American Flyer CD. He gave the cover a good long look and I don't think he realized that one had come out ! I certainly hope his lawyer/accountant keeps tabs on these things. Hopefully they tune in here for their updates.

Take care,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby wheland » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:43 pm

I just listened to this disc for the first time today. The sound is just wonderful. glad to have it in my collection.

Dennis
wheland

PPL/Bustin out twofer

Postby Shyaruck » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:41 am

finally picked up this twofer. the sound is so much better on most songs. however angel #9 still sounds so tinny to me. are there any other versions of these songs out there that are truely remixed and remastered, or is it just the recording. such great songs, but the sound gets in the way!
thoughts
Shyaruck

Postby hiro » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:07 am

I got this twofer today, great album!
Freebird Radio is servin' you the Best Classic Rock, 24 hours a day!
hiro

Postby Tom » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:55 pm

Hi zumacraig,

Thanks for joining.

The general consensus seems to be that this release has the much better sound quality to it than prior ones. Obviously it comes down to the effort put into it. Angel#9 might not sound as good as the LP, but probably better than prior efforts.

Have a good one,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League