6/17 and 6/18 shows: update

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

6/17 and 6/18 shows: update

Postby Tom » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:01 pm

Hey gang,

For the 6/16 and 6/17 shows, Mike Reilly, as most of you are aware, will not be performing. In addition, Curtis Wright will be absent due to a previous comittment, obviously made when the band still had Mike in the lineup. Naturally the band supports Curtis in honoring his committment, and the band will also honor their comittment to the fans and peform all shows that are presently scheduled. The only cancellation to date has been Ram's Head, which was mentioned awhile ago. That one has been rescheduled to Aug 5th.

Fortunately for prairiedogs, PPL plans ahead, and has some very talented friends. Rick Plant will continue to handle the bass on those shows Mike cannot attend. He's played several already, and those who've heard him know Rick is more than ready. For the two immediate shows, Donnie Clark will fill in for Curtis. Donnie plays with Earl Thomas Connolly and many of you may already know that he appeared on Rick Schell's CD, The Salt Of The Earth. Donnie and Rick both appeared in last weeks FT. Worth TX show , are enormously talented guys who are ready to bring it .

Rest assured Craig Fuller, Fats Kaplin and Rick Schell will have their say in these two shows ! The band is more than ready, a real nice setlist and evening of fun is in store for all.

Let's continue to wish Mike a speedy recovery, and please extend a warm and enthusiastic welcome and thanks to Rick Plant and Donnie Clark for bringing their talents to PPL.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby LIDog » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:39 am

Naturally, this is why I have continued to post the chords to Pure Prairie League songs in musician's corner, so that dozens, hundreds, and thousands of prairiedogs all over the country will be prepared to fill in when they are called upon to do so.

It's the least I could do!

Thanks for the updates Tom. I wish I could take the trip to see the shows. I'm sure that they'll be excellent, as always!

Dog
LIDog

Return to Pure Prairie League