So when someone asks...are they still as good. Your reply is

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

So when someone asks...are they still as good. Your reply is

Postby Proud1 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:43 am

I was taken by surprise and asked this the other day. I display and sell plants at shows across the country, and was in Edinburgh on Sunday wearing my PPL t-shirt standing next to my display, when this elderly..ish couple came up to the stand. and with an amazed look on her face the woman said, you've got a PPL t-shirt on, and just the way she said it made me say pardon. so she repeated it and then said how come. So i went on to explain i was a big fan of the band. She said she had one of there earlier albums and was amazed they were still on the go. This was when she asked if they were still as good. So i went on to say of course they were and told her about the new album and to visit their site on the internet. There were thousands of visitors at the stand that day so if i reunited just the one couple to this great bands music then wearing the shirt was very worthwhile indeed.
What would your reply be if asked this question.
Proud1

Postby jpmagg3 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:02 am

I've also been pleasantly surprised at the recognition my PPL shirt gets...I've had it since the Oct'05 Chillicothe show and have had at least five complete strangers comment on it "oh yeah, I used to love those guys" or words to that effect. The great part has been watching their reactions when told not only are they back together with Fuller and Reilly, but they sound better than ever AND have a killer CD out with new material...priceless.

It helps that I'm in the area that the band started in, but it's cool to see that the original guys still retain their fans respect and recognition. The sad part is that, aside from a couple of college stations, the lack of local airplay ANY new band gets around here (or elsewhere) in this time of corporate radio mush. As a fan who loves the smaller venues, I kinda like the fact that PPL was never huge in the sense of arena rockers or Nashville giants, but I also want to see them successful in the sales area.

Any news about increased airplay and great reviews is good news!

JPM
jpmagg3

Postby LIDog » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:23 am

My reply to the question of whether they're as good as ever?

Hell, yeah!!!!!!!
LIDog

Postby billyJvoltare » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:11 pm

my answer is Absolutely...listen to the new CD and go see them; if you loved them before, you'll love them still because they've never been better.
billyJvoltare

Postby Jazzman » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:00 pm

I'd like to buy a t-shirt but the only size listed is a Medium. I havent been in a medium for 30 yrs....lol
Jazzman

Postby Tom » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:25 pm

Jazzman, it's not your fault you are not a medium anyomre. It's the material . I, and I'm sure many others, have found out over 30 years the material shrinks , sometimes several sizes. Poor quality,no pride in workmanship etc. I'll see if I can find out something on larger Tshirts.

Roger, that's a great story. Nothing like wearing your colors to let people know who you are. The ol' cowboy is still recognizable by many, in your own backyard or overseas. I've had quite a few remarks on mine, too many ,in fact I'm starting to wonder if possibly I should change my clothes more than once a week. It's a tough call.

John, without question, the best part is delivering the news that PPL is back, that's where the fun really starts.

As for the question, well, Billy and Dog, sometimes it really is just that simple right ? Although I admit I usuually go on quite a bit while my wife waits with great patience as I deliver my sermon to people who inquire. It's a great one to answer, it's open ended, just like lawyers are taught to never ask in court. It gives you the license to go on and on.

Generally I tell them about the site, get the CD, be on the lookout for a show nearby, whatever I can get in before they tell me they are in a bit of a rush, nice to meet ya.

Have a great one,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League