You forgot to shut the door when you left

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

You forgot to shut the door when you left

Postby Proud1 » Mon May 29, 2006 5:00 am

So begins the first new studio album from PPL in over twenty years, and i for one am so glad that Craig did'nt shut the door on PPL. It's great to have him singing and playing and sounding as good as ever, along with the rest of the boys in the band of course.
I,m lucky to work outdoors on my premises and listen to at least six or seven cd,s most days on the portable cd player, and on nice sunny mornings like this morning, "All in Good Time" never sounded better, you dont need no fancy surround sound or anything for these guys they sound good wherever and whenever you listen to them. Long may the band continue, and who knows maybe sometime in the future we'll also get that elusive solo album from Craig, something i've always hoped might happen.

Cheers Rog

Hope all goes well with Mike's op, and he makes a speedy recovery.
Proud1

Postby Tom » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:36 pm

Hi Roger,

Real nice to hear from you again. It sounds like all is going well with you. As you know, Mike's procedure went well and it's a matter of taking some time to recover, very good news.

That sounds like at nice set up at work with the CD's going, as long as the rain holds up. Hopefully PPL wil continue on and release a few more. I wouldn't rule out a Craig solo CD when the PPL boys decide it's done, but I'm not rushing it! Their sound is all them , just like you said. No big overdone production, or arrangements, which goes to show when you've got what it takes, there's no need to add to it.Back to the basics!

Take care Rog,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League