Tim Russert book: Big Russ, PPL and Me

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Tim Russert book: Big Russ, PPL and Me

Postby Tom » Thu May 18, 2006 9:40 am

Tim Russert made a big splash with his book, Big Russ and Me.

I didn't read it , and was not fully aware why so many were excited about it That is until I saw a passage in it. When Tim was in John Carrol University he was President of the Union Club. One of his jobs was to book entertainment. That's right, you guessed it, he booked PPL. He stated he booked nationally known acts like the Beach Boys, Sly and The Family Stone, Richie Havens and Pure Prairie League.

Now I know why this book caught fire, suddenly it makes sense. It was by accident I found this incredibly important information out, it was as if the hand of Luke guided me. I picked the book up in a store, opened the page, and there it was. I didn't have to waste time reading the first 200 pages. Of course I put it right back, no need to buy it. And now neither do you. Money saved all the way around. A one line synopsis is all that's needed. Tim, thanks for a very interesting book, next time chop it down by a few hundred pages, get to the core a little quicker please, show some consideration.

Take care,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League