5/21 concert w/Poco, Firefall

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

5/21 concert w/Poco, Firefall

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:58 pm

There are still some seats left, but they will go fast, so if you are interested , don't wait too long. It promises to be a great night for country rock music in a real nice venue. I may have some extra tickets , I'll know very soon, so if anyone is interested send a PM.

All The Best
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Tom » Sat May 13, 2006 9:24 pm

One week to go !

This one will be a sellout, a few left but going fast.

Looking forward to seeing the prairiedogs, poconuts and ...and...do the Firefall fans have a name ? That's a shame.

Just got word the Notorious Turner Bros. of Long Island are going, it looks like we're pulling out all stops on this night. Fasten your seat belts.

See you soon,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby LIDog » Mon May 15, 2006 8:15 am

Tom wrote:One week to go !

This one will be a sellout, a few left but going fast.

Looking forward to seeing the prairiedogs, poconuts and ...and...do the Firefall fans have a name ? That's a shame.

Just got word the Notorious Turner Bros. of Long Island are going, it looks like we're pulling out all stops on this night. Fasten your seat belts.

See you soon,
Tom

Let's call them fireflies! :lol:

Dog
LIDog

Postby Tom » Thu May 18, 2006 6:32 pm

Hey gang,

Well I have some unfortunate news.Mike Reilly will not be able to make the show Sunday. He's still recuperating and basically he's been advised to take it easy a little while longer. Of course it's difficult for him, but wisely it's been decided to rest and take care of himself now rather than risk missing the remainder of the summer/fall tour. Mike said he's looking forward to returning full time, and I'm sure he'll be on this board in a week or so, but for now, he's going to be off his feet a bit. He also said to make sure us prairiedogs help the band bring it home, let the guys hear us ! I'm sure you understand and join me in wishing Mike a speedy, healthy return.

The good news is Pure Prairie League has many friends, and extremely talented ones at that. One of them is Rick Plant, a terrific bass player out of Nashville. Rick plays with the Buddy Miller band, and is a well known and much sought after musician in Nashville. He's already played a few gigs with PPL, so he's thoroughly up on their music, and has rehearsed with them. The band members give glowing reports on Rick, and stated we are very lucky he has the date open. They also assured me they are primed for a great show, and that's all I need to hear ! Please join me in wishing Mike a quick recovery and extend a warm welcome to Rick Plant.Let him hear it on Sunday !

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Tom » Thu May 18, 2006 9:48 pm

If you see this guy on the way to the show, he's harmless. A bit gamey, for sure, but really no trouble.

Tom
Site Admin

Postby schmoopy » Sat May 20, 2006 10:28 am

I'm sorry Mike won't be there, I hope he's feeling better.

I can't wait for the show, these guys are great. I saw them last year and had a great night. The new CD is outstanding, every song is a winner ! It will be nice to hear some of the new tunes. Let's face it, Craig and Curtis have two of the best voices in the business. Hopefully that cowboy Luke gets a ride before I drive by.
schmoopy

Return to Pure Prairie League