HBO Series "Deadwood"

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

HBO Series "Deadwood"

Postby jaybuzz » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:46 pm

My wife was watching an episode of "Deadwood" on DVD and the episode closed with (what had to be) a solo acoustic Craig Fuller song over the credits.

Pretty sure it was Episode Seven- "Bullock Returns To Camp".. Anybody know anything about it? I didn't recognize the song.

I know Mike Reilly mentioned the possibility of appearing as an extra on that series, maybe there's a connection.

Jay in Alabama
(See you in Annapolis)
jaybuzz

Postby Tom » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:28 am

Hi Jay,

Nice to hear from you.

I didn't think Craig did that , and checking on it I found that the very odd looking Lyle Lovett did a song for the closing credits called Old Friend. No doubt it was inspired by Craig and possibly Julia Roberts, who he shared a cup of coffee with once.

Mike Reilly already "starred" in Deadwood, in the second season I think. I believe he appeared twice. He sent his photo in and they called him . You have to say he has the look for it, no wonder he got rid of the 'fro.He said if you blinked your eye you could miss him. But he did say it was long enough to get a great still shot of him !

I smell Emmy.

I will see about getting that on this site. Hey, he's already on here as the Quaker Oats guy in the Photo Forum. The more I look at that one, the more I think it's time for Quaker Oats to update their look. Maybe they too will call Mike, it may very well be the start of something.

Have a great time at the show Jay, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun.

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby jaybuzz » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:58 am

Tom,

Thanks for clearing that up. I feel like a big dummy now.

Maybe I shouldn't have drank all that cough syrup before I watched that show, but it sure sounded like Craig.
jaybuzz

Postby Tom » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:18 pm

Jay don't beat yourself up, so it's obvious Lovett is heavily influenced by Craig,now that Julia is a distant memory. Thanks for pointing it out. I think the real problem is you went with cough syrup when there are so many other more appetizing choices.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby jaybuzz » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:20 pm

Tom,

about the cough syrup-I couldn't help it.. it's getting hard to find "Kentucky Moonshine" these days.

PPL and Poco in Montgomery, AL in July, and on a Saturday night, no less!

It'll be easy to spot me, I'll be grinning like a Jackass all night!
jaybuzz

Return to Pure Prairie League