There's somethin' happenin' here...

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

There's somethin' happenin' here...

Postby Dan Williams III » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:30 am

and I like it! The new look is bright and cheery, and the glorious colors helped to wake me up this morning. And having the tunes kicking right in is a fabulous touch. My only problem was that in my grogginess, I struggled to remember my details when I was prompted to log in. But here I am and all is well. Hats off to you, Tom...nice job.
Clutch Cargo prefers spinners.
Dan Williams III

Postby Tom » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:53 am

Hi Dan,

Glad you like it. Well obviously the changes we were talking about , namely a site overhaul, have taken place. The original site, for basically it's first year served the purpose extremely well. I want to thank Greg Coles for his invaluable assistance, for getting this off the ground in the first place. As time went on, I had the pleasure of discussing various options re: the site, the layout, content etc with Mike Reilly.

My feeling were always, and still are, that ultimately a site that represents PPL should represent the incredible legacy PPL brought us, it should be something that a casual fan or die hard one can look at and immediately grasp one thing : "These guys really had something special going on, these guys were a major force on the national scene for decades."

Furthermore, I think it should be a permanent fixture on the internet from a historical point of view, the one definitive place where any music fan can come, whether it be today or 40 years from now, and find out who and what PPL was, from the various musicains to the wonderful volume of music they have brought us since the first LP was released. As we know, prior to this site, the internet was filled with a variety of inaccurate portraits of PPL. That is no longer the case. The last person on this earth who needed convincing of what I just mentioned was Mike Reilly. This was his baby, he brought it to us, he's the guy who for the better part of his adult life made certain that PPL was with us, and would remain a major piece of musical history.

Expansion and a revised, more accurate look at the present PPL lineup were probably the most immediate concerns. After all, not only does PPL have a storied past, it now has a storied future. Ultimately a change was made , one which I know will result in a more entertaing site, in just about any way you could want, whether it be visual, audio or just informational. I'm ecstatic to have a new person on board, Dania, who no doubt(based on the wonderful job already done !) will be responsive to achieving the goal of a PPL site that will somehow try to measure up to the achievments of the band since 1969. That's not easy but we are certainly heading in the right direction !

There are other additions presently being considered for the site. It will be on on going process, with all involved intent on one thing: bringing you the latest info on PPL and providing you with an entertaing look at what we are all here for : COUNTRY ROCK PIONEERS , LEGENDS AND GREAT GUYS, PURE PRAIRIE LEAGUE ! WHOOOEEE ! (That was a prairiedog howl, sorry, no audio yet, maybe next week). Thanks again Mike and Dania !

If you have anything you think may be of interest to the site, photos, memorabilia etc, please continue to send them to me as we are always in the hunt for pieces of the PPL puzzle.

Have fun,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

new site

Postby Rip Lee » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:58 am

Looks great! Only one suggestion - need a better pix of CLF on the home page. He's all the way on the bottom and can hardly tell its him. If people are scanning thru, they just might think its a 3 person band (although that is a great pix).

Rip Lee
Rip Lee

Postby bassman » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:20 pm

Great new look, It was worth the wait. :D
bassman

Postby LIDog » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:39 am

I agree with everyone's positive comments, and think that you're really on the right track here. The colors are perfect. It's like logging on to a sunny day.
LIDog

Postby billyJvoltare » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:28 pm

GREAT changes...great site. Nice job!!!
billyJvoltare

Postby jmhall » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:16 am

Great overhaul of the site!
Jim Hall
jmhall

Postby Tom » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:57 am

Hey gang,

Nice to see the responses. Like I said, there will be more additions, updates etc as there are still a few more things being considered like a scrapbook section which will feature old ads from various years, tickets stubs, pics of various PPL lineups, things I've been holding back on until we got the site looking like we wanted it and could present things in a more enjoyable, organized manner. Thanks for the positive feedback !

Have a good one,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League