upcoming concert

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

upcoming concert

Postby sweetbeviegal » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:27 pm

Really looking forward to the PPL & Poco gig in Sheridan Colorado. Trying to get specific info on it and wishing it were being better publicized. Haven't seen either group in years and just can't wait!! Just joined the PPL Community and happy to have found it. :D
sweetbeviegal

Postby Tom » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:37 pm

Great to have you hear, it's nice the word is still spreading around. Throughout the years PPL has always been a popular band in Co. Of course Craig Fuller will do Boulder Skies, Co. is the one place you can pretty much guarantee it. Take some time and check around the site

As far as the show goes, the best I can offer is to call the place or email it. Look under the thread , 2nd from the top, 2006 Tour Dates, where I put a link to the site. I will say it sure looks like a different type venue, make sure they shut all those TV's off ! It promises to be a great time. Last year PPL toured all over the country and old and new fans had some real fun, you will too. And , of course, get yourself a copy of the new CD, it's a must. They'll be playing some tunes from it along with many classics from the past.

Take care,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby rfa77 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:44 am

They sure are doing a poor job of promoting this. I would recommend you call Red & Jerry's. They'll sell your tickets over the phone and either send them to you or leave them in will call. I opted for will call. Also, tickets are $20, but I found out just from an innocent question that they have reserved seats for $30. I got the reserved seats.
Ron
rfa77

Postby Tom » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:33 am

Hi Ron,

Nice to hear from you. Well I'm not from the area but I agree as far as their website goes they aren't into posting special events ! There's no mention of it. I haven't received a reply to my email yet. It looks like a large venue, a sports type place. Maybe they are stepping it up a few notches by getting PPL/Poco, and simply are counting on the word getting around, that the bands will sell themselves, which is probably what will happen, as you guys spread the word, same old story right ?. But at least they could have it on their site. No excuse not to. Anyway, you've got your wish Ron, PPL/ Poco at the same show ! I'm sure you guys will have a real great evening, two great bands. It's on a Saturday night, the day after St Patrick's day ! Wow. Good luck on Sunday.

Have fun,

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby rfa77 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:37 pm

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, Tom. I was meaning to call R&J's, and ask them why they weren't promoting it, so I think I'll do that tonight. I've never been there, but the gal I was talking to says they are going to clear all the games and such away. I'll let you all know, and give a review my best shot. Of course, with me, I'm a bit biased, so I'll just say it will be a great evening now!
:wink:
rfa77

Postby Tom » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:22 pm

rfa77 wrote: I'll let you all know, and give a review my best shot. Of course, with me, I'm a bit biased, so I'll just say it will be a great evening now!
:wink:

That's the spirit Ron ! I'm sure you'll have a great time. I go into these things knowing they will be a blast, it doesn't matter where it is, what the venue is like etc, it's all one huge bonus right now. I hope to catch a couple of shows this year, we'll see how it plays out.

Take care,

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Sheridan, CO gig

Postby prairiedog » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:23 pm

As far as I've heard, the gig is only selling thru their own website & box office. They've just started some saturation promo this week, and it's selling very well. There's only 1500 tix being sold, and over 1000 are gone. Should be a good show; both bands are glad to be back at it. Hell, I'm just glad to be back at anything, especially for another year!!
Looking forward to seeing our friends in Denver!
Mike
prairiedog

Return to Pure Prairie League