Florida is getting ready!!!

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Florida is getting ready!!!

Postby Chip's sister » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:17 pm

Mighty fine indeed! Florida is getting primed for PPL's arrival in April. Tonight the Lyric Theatre was treated to 3 1/2 hrs of Will Kimbrough and Rodney Crowell. The audience response was great and nothing compared to PPL's constant ovation last summer. John Leisser, the Lyric's Director, announced upcoming shows for the season, which included a resounding BOOOOOO when he mentioned some Billy guy with a mullet....more than polite applause when he said, 'tomorrow night-Poco' and "then in April-Pure Prairie League" and the audience roared!!!! PPL has a Florida contingent that just can't get enough! These guys are just warming up the house for you so you can bring it down on the 29th! Any chance of two shows back-to-back? I hear sales are going well. fyi, if you don't know the theatre the balcony seats are great!
Congrats on the new CD it's awesome....love the cover! All things in time! It was worth the wait![/quote]
Chip's sister

Postby Tom » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:58 pm

Thanks for joining, love that enthusiasm ! They'll be the first to tell you it's why they do still do it, and why we're all here listening and talking about it. Sounds like a great group of fans you got there, hey when you start getting ovations over a month before the show, you know you're in for a special time. I had some real nice feedback from last year.Let's face it, the more enthusiasm the crowd shows, the more electric it gets, no old farts allowed please ! Hey in case there are any old farts , I'm only kidding, of course you too should go. I agree, it's very sporty of those guys to keep the place warm until PPL gets there and rips the roof off it. Two shows back to back ??? I don't blame you for being greedy ! I've heard sales did take off quickly there, no surprise but still great news.

Join the crowd, yes, the new CD is THE BOMB. That means it's good right ? I wouldn't want to misuse the lingo. It's all kicking in again, like you said, right down to the artwork, no stone was left unturned on this one, the guys made a great effort. Speaking of the artwork, in case you missed it, check out the thread on this page called Artwork In CD jacket. There's some real interesting info there that the artist , Bill Brown was kind enough to send me, it deals with how Mike came up with the concept, and goes from there. Real good stuff.

Mighty fine,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League