......VANITY PLATES...?

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

......VANITY PLATES...?

Postby Argus » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:54 pm

.....saw a car headed southbound (into Waverly) on U.S. RTE. 23 today and the license tag read "AM FLYER".....hmmm....?...any thoughts on this?...probably no connection,just coincedence perhaps.

....gettin' down,gettin' rite down to it- Starr :twisted:
Argus

Postby MartinD28 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:39 am

Pretty interesting. It would be nice if the plate represented one of Craig's bands. Several other hypotheticals come to mind as follows:

Someone that drives pretty fast

An airline pilot

Weren't those wagons we all had as a kid called "American Flyer"?
MartinD28

Postby Tom » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:23 pm

It's probably Doug Yule and Steve Katz driving around in circles, still muttering " I told you we should have let Craig sing every song."

...lookin' like it-Westy and Barbara :!:
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Doug » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:34 pm

Saw an "AM FLYER" license plate this afternoon as I was driving into Columbus on Rt. 23. Just tooling along behind a burgundy late model Honda Accord when I noticed the aforementioned plate, and remembered the post about the plate. Didn't get a good look at the gent driving, but he was probably 60-something, with white hair, blue button down shirt and possibly a tie. Thought about discreetly following him and asking about the plate when he stopped, but then he zigged off onto 270 as I zagged on up High Street. Confirmation on that plate sighting, anyways. Now if I ever see that van with the Two Lane Highway album cover painted on the side (as was a popular fad in the 70's to paint murals and vistas on vans), I WILL follow it and talk to the owner. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics, too. Which of course I'll post. Anybody else in our area who's seen this anomaly feel free to chime in!
Doug

Postby Dan Williams III » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:07 am

"It's probably Doug Yule and Steve Katz driving around in circles, still muttering " I told you we should have let Craig sing every song." TOM

Tom,
This one is beyond the shadow of a doubt your best quip yet. Glad to see that your quick sardonic wit is still intact in 2007. Cheers!
DW III
Clutch Cargo prefers spinners.
Dan Williams III

Postby Tom » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:12 am

Hi Doug,

Great to hear from you, it's been awhile! I hope everything is going well.

"Confirmation on the plate sighting." Love it!

I had a real good laugh when I read your post, it's so visual, I can picture you with your heart racing when you spotted the car! Love the enthusiasm, as usual. And remembering the post from almost a year ago ! I have no doubt you'll catch that white haired guy with the tie someday and solve this thing.And you will get that van too, all in good time Doug.

It's a safer place knowing you are out there, they can run Doug, but they can't hide.

Have a great one,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League