new member, OLD fan

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

new member, OLD fan

Postby Rip Lee » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:20 pm

Found this site quite by accident - happy to see so many others of like mindset. I was lucky enough be around these guys back in '69 - was there when they wrote the intro to Amie (Robin Suskind used to play this on mandolin - heard he was playing pedal steel in Oregon). Many late late nites at New Dilly's in Mt Adams listening to them introduce one new song after the other. Followed them thru the yrs but always felt they were at their best with Craig. It's great to hear the magic is still there - made me take out my guitar. The new album is great - back to basics - I'll see if WNKU in Northern KY would give it some airtime.
Rip Lee

Postby Dan Williams III » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:46 pm

Rip...

How very interesting and fortunate for you to have witnessed the creation of such a historic piece of country rock history. Very cool indeed!
Clutch Cargo prefers spinners.
Dan Williams III

Postby Tom » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:37 pm

Thanks for sharing that Rip, very interesting to say the least. People are still finding this site just like you did, that's good. Keep spreading the word ! There's still a ton of fans just catching on to the resurgence. Yes, the magic sure is still there. Hopefully you'll get a show within striking distance of you. Now grab your guitar and head over to the Musician's corner. LIDOG is waiting for you.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby rvblk82 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:31 pm

glad to see many fans that still like the PPL band. still remember when tom bumgardner and I went to boulder and turned on the college crowd onto the band playing boulder skies way back when. Not to drop names, b ut my father showed a young steel guitar how to pick a few chords when he was about ten. the place was "out home".
rvblk82

Return to Pure Prairie League