Looking for Dance and Just Fly on CD...

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Looking for Dance and Just Fly on CD...

Postby Anthony » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 pm

Anybody know where I can get a Dance or Just Fly on CD? Can't seem to find them anywhere. Thanks.
Anthony

Re: Looking for Dance and Just Fly on CD...

Postby Zero Zagnut » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:51 pm

Anthony wrote:Anybody know where I can get a Dance or Just Fly on CD? Can't seem to find them anywhere. Thanks.

Anthony, please go to www.woundedbird.com and email them at manager@woundedbird.com Just suggest that you'd like to see those two great albums released on CD. Maybe they could put together a nice 2-on-1 CD package for all us PPL prairie dogs. Wounded Bird is a great company and does a nice job with their reissues. I have yet to be disappointed with the 4 or 5 Wouned Bird reissues I own.
Zero Zagnut

Re-issues

Postby Tornado » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:15 pm

I hear ya Anthony. I've been waiting for these for years. I just hit up woundedbird also. We'll see what happens. The same should happen for the live cd. I have it, but many many folks dont and this truely the best of all PPL recordings IMHO.
Tornado

Re: Re-issues

Postby billyJvoltare » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:25 pm

Tornado wrote:I hear ya Anthony. I've been waiting for these for years. I just hit up woundedbird also. We'll see what happens. The same should happen for the live cd. I have it, but many many folks dont and this truely the best of all PPL recordings IMHO.

Agree about the live CD.

Dance is one of my favorites...not as much a fan of Just Fly.

Wounded Bird has indeed put out great re-issues...Poco's Cantamos never sounded better...and I'd certainly buy a two-fer of Dance and Just Fly.
billyJvoltare

Postby Zero Zagnut » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:27 am

Come on prairie dogs, get off your collective hineys and email Wounded Bird records. Both of these PPL titles deserve release on CD. Thanks for letting me vent. I sure hope and pray the folks at Wounded Bird give us a special Chrismas gift by December 2006. :D
Zero Zagnut

Postby pool_of_tears76 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:47 am

I've been away from this forum for awhile now.

I'm working on very clean transfers of Dance and Just Fly from vinyl. Work is almost ready.

As for Takin' The Stage, the original RCA cd was terribly edited. Some songs are missing the spoken intro's, fade out too early, etc...Well, I plan to fix that as well.

Stay tuned. I may even do a transfer of my Bustin' Out vinyl. The RCA cd is terribly flat and dull sounding.

By the way, these will all come from the original pressings :)
pool_of_tears76

Return to Pure Prairie League