XM SATELITTE RADIO LOVES ALL IN GOOD TIME !

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

XM SATELITTE RADIO LOVES ALL IN GOOD TIME !

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:27 pm

I am very happy to tell you that XM Satellite radio, the nation's leading satellite radio company will be playing PPL !

XM presently has over 6 million subscribers and projects that figure to be over 9 million by the end of 2006. This station had a record number of new subscribers in 2005 , which represented an 84% growth over the prior year ending subscribers. Obviously, they must be doing something right !

The source of my good news is Jessie Scott, program director for XM12, X Country. Jessie received her All In Good Time CD, and liked it enough to add 4 tracks to the playlist !

We all know how PPL helped pioneer the country rock movement. Jessie is just as much a pioneer herself. In 1971 she became Pittsburgh's first female rock jock . She also became the first female jock on the AM dial in NY when she went to what was then a country giant station, WHN. Incredibly, I recall those times, as Jessie back then was playing PPL tunes ! Ultimately Jessie headed to Nashville, where once again, her talents and pioneering spirit are no doubt a huge factor in the amazing success of XM.

Not only is Jessie supporting PPL on XM12, but she is also spreading the word to the program directors on XM10, America, and XM40, Deep Tracks ! Now that's what I call support !

Considering how hard it is to get this type of music recognized on air today( sorry but Mike, Craig, Fats, Rick and Curtis refuse to show their belly buttons...well Mike might but that's another story ) the support given by XM , and Jessie in particular is most appreciated by fans of not only PPL but also those who simply want to hear great music.

If you are not into Satellite radio, then XM is the place to start. After all, if it's got PPL on it there's no need to look further right ?

Thanks again Jessie your efforts are noted and appreciated by many. Your pioneering spirit combined with that of PPL, still leads the way. Some things never change.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby MartinD28 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:13 pm

On a bit smaller scale - I tipped a friend of mine to the release of the new PPL CD. He produces a local radio show here. He picked up a copy of the CD and will be featuring a few of the cuts.
MartinD28

Postby billyJvoltare » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:15 pm

Keep the good publicity flowing, Tom!

This CD has the chops and the commercial viability to take it far, in my opinion.
billyJvoltare

Postby Blairsboy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:55 pm

Gee, I wonder which 4 songs?

It reminds me of the time when someone came running into Randy Travis' dressing room and said, "Randy, did you know your record is flying up the pop charts?" to which he replied, "Well, can you git it off there?"

Hooray, XM !!
Blairsboy

Postby Tom » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:09 pm

Great line there from Travis, Blairsboy. The word "git" makes it happen !

Martin, no station is too small ! Getting the word out is what's important, nice job.

Billy, I couldn't agree more, if this gets airplay, if fans continue to spread the word like thay have been, this CD will get it's just desserts, it really is powerful and needs the support of all of us to make sure it gets out there to the masses.

I believe there is an enormous base of fans out there at this time, younger ones, who may not be familiar with PPL like us "old timers " are and would go big for this. I also know there are still thousands of PPL fans from the 70's and 80's who are not yet aware of it, as concerts tend to become fewer and further apart and they have " lost touch " with the music scene today, certainly not thinking PPL is part of it again. Some of these fans right now may not be active on PC's , websites etc and either need contact from people like us or find out via an ad or radio request. I sent many old friends emails to wake them up to what they are missing. It's worked, as they were quite surprised to hear the great news.

Take care,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League