Craig Lee Fuller Interview and Video

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Craig Lee Fuller Interview and Video

Postby gaznraz » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:12 pm

apologies if this has previously appeared on the list...

Craig Fuller 2: A Video Tour
Craig Fuller personally takes us on a video tour of his cozy, yet effective, home project studio. Craig's studio is decked out in Auralex and this video gives a good idea of how it is all laid out!

Craig Fuller: Interview
Singer/songwriter/guitarist Craig Fuller was a founding member of the folk-rock group Pure Prairie League in 1970. Fuller was with the group for its first two albums, leaving in 1972. In 1976, Fuller joined American Flyer, which made two albums, after which Fuller teamed up with singer/songwriter Eric Kaz, also a member of American Flyer, for a 1978 duo album. In 1988, Fuller joined a reunited edition of Little Feat.

http://www.auralex.com/profiles/default.asp
gaznraz

Postby jpmagg3 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:25 pm

Very nice...my understanding is that Craig lived in my little burg outside Cincinnati in the mid 80's, during the first couple of years I lived here. I kick myself on a regular basis for not knowing this when I could have walked over and introduced myself. My friends living there now have added on but they don't have a playroom like this (but i have taken the opportunity to expand their musical horizons)!
jpmagg3

Postby bassman » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:52 pm

Thanks for the link.
bassman

Postby Tom » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:17 pm

Thanks Gaz,

Actually, I'm glad you posted this. It originally hit the board when the board first came up but, a few problems resulted in threads being deleted. I believe Ginger posted it.

So many people have joined since then it's great you put it up, I'm sure many find it quite interesting and enjoy it. I got to ask Craig about this awhile back, I was kidding him that he looks like a CEO, sitting behind that desk with the glasses on, calling a board meeting, as opposed to that long haired wild country rocker so many of us recall ! Craig was saying how he had more time now that the kids are a little older to spend more time in his incredible "toy". Hey, if there's a guy you want sitting around in a studio in his "spare" time, it's Craig. I also mentioned that I assume in all the years he wasn't active, at least publicly, that he was still writing and playing, and yes, of course he was. Naturally I had to keep going, and he was more than generous with his time, saying he may still someday put together a Craig Fuller CD. Wouldn't that be special ? I'm not rushing that though since I still want Craig to do a few more with PPL ! Imagine having access to all the stuff he's done, just messing around in his studio ? I'd even purchase his incomplete stuff, where he's just humming and playing a few notes.
Tom
Site Admin

CLF Video

Postby Vice Admiral Swiss Navy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:21 pm

[quote="Tom"]Thanks Gaz,

Actually, I'm glad you posted this. It originally hit the board when the board first came up but, a few problems resulted in threads being deleted. I believe Ginger posted it. quote]

Tom:

It is just as well that it is reposted because I was trying to download it many months ago and save a copy to my hard drive, which I finally was able to, but not until after sending a couple of emails to the folks at Auralex and even contacting Eric Moore there, since the file was down for a period and unable to be viewed or downloaded.

They finally got it back up on Veterans Day 11-11-05 and I got my copy.

It was quite fun to see and have. Glad it is there, gald they did it but most importantly glad CLF took the time to share it with us.

Oh and that CD of Craig doing material of his own would be so awesome!

It would be especially fun to kind of try to get inside his head and hear some of the raw stuff that he was working on as well as some unreleased
masterpiece we have yet to see or hear.

Hi Craig just wanted you let you know we care and how much!

8)

Take care all,
Mike
Vice Admiral Swiss Navy

Return to Pure Prairie League