Where are they now?

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Where are they now?

Postby Tornado » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:54 pm

Just a bit curious, does anyone know where Goerge Ed and John Call are and what they are up to these days. Really miss the smooth vocals and great steel. Nothing wrong with todays line-up, but I miss these guys and all the rest that have "came through"!
Tornado

Re: Where are they now?

Postby billyJvoltare » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:05 pm

Tornado wrote: Just a bit curious, does anyone know where Goerge Ed and John Call are and what they are up to these days. Really miss the smooth vocals and great steel. Nothing wrong with todays line-up, but I miss these guys and all the rest that have "came through"!

Well, some Prairie Dog correct me if I'm wrong (because I wasn't there), but one spot you can find them is on the Live Track (12) of the new CD All In Good Time, as both appeared at the Ohio concert while Fats Kaplin honored a previously planned engagement.

(although, lest I be misleading, I'm pretty certain it's Curtis Wright singing lead...I meant that George was there; you can certainly hear (what I think) is John Call's smooth steel guitar.
On the other hand, if the powers that be were inclined to release MUCH MORE of that particular show, we might yet hear the great George Ed Powell singing with PPL again! HINT! :lol: )
billyJvoltare

Re: Where are they now?

Postby Tom » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:20 pm

Tornado wrote: Just a bit curious, does anyone know where Goerge Ed and John Call are and what they are up to these days. Really miss the smooth vocals and great steel. Nothing wrong with todays line-up, but I miss these guys and all the rest that have "came through"!

Just to add to Billy's rundown, there is a thread re: John Call which gives a quick rundown on him after his PPL days. He still plays steel and is still incredible. George has recorded a CD which he is shopping around for a label. Fans and PPL band members raved about Call and Powell at Chillicothe. Look around this site a bit for more info. In the Concert Forum there are comments re Chillicothe, also on this page present drummer Rick Schell has comments re: John and George. There is quite a bit about present and past members all through this site that you may find interesting.

Also , there will be a new bio coming to this site which will have many details re: the history of PPL as well as info re: former members and what they are up to now.

Have you checked out the new CD yet ? You need to do that, if you like PPL you'll love this CD. It's great as I'm sure you've read by now, classic PPL. Look at the Synopsis in the Concert Forum for a quick check on fans feedback from shows all over the country this past year; the guys have been ripping it up !

Thanks for your comments, have fun,

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Tornado » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:38 pm

Thanks Tom. Great info. Good to know they're both still playing and hope someone picks up Georges cd. I'd love to hear it. I'll check the concert info out now, thanks again.
Tornado

Postby billyJvoltare » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:07 pm

Hey Tom, if you hear anything at all about George's new CD, pass it along, would you?
I'd love to reconnect with another former PPL legend...there are a few out there, and George is tied with Mr. Fuller in the No. 1 spot, at least in my eyes (and ears).
billyJvoltare

Return to Pure Prairie League