Happy New Year !!!

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Happy New Year !!!

Postby prairiedog » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:50 pm

To all our friends, Pure Prairie League sends our best wishes for a healthy, safe & successful 2006. We hope you all have at least one dream come true, make at least one new friend, and do something nice for someone you don't even know.
Thank You All for listening, posting, and believing in what we do. We'll do our best to make you, as well as ourselves, proud this year. We look forward to seeing you all on tour. Spread the word, play the music, and live life like it's your last day.
God Bless us all!!
Mike Reilly, Craig Fuller, Curtis Wright, Rick Schell and Fats Kaplin
prairiedog

Postby Tom » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:23 pm

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A GOOD START TO 2006 !!

Well, those words certainly sum things up nicely, prairiedog, thanks so much for taking the time to express them .

Obviously you've seen the comments on here over the last year. You guys have already done so much, for so many and not just in a musical sense. PPL is a class act, one that truly appreciates the well deserved support it continues to get all these years. It works both ways.

I don't think you have to worry too much about making us or PPL proud, as long as you guys do what you do best-be yourselves. That'll be more than enough, take my word on that one.

2005 was truly a wonderful year. The tour, the new CD, this site. So many great people have taken the time to sign up here, and make this site the PPL headquarters we hoped it would be. A great group, my hat's off to them, I can't say how much I enjoy it, meeting new people from places I'll never get to, the stories, the memories old and new, great great stuff.

Spread the word ? Of course prairiedog, that's the only way we know. You play it, we'll be there ! As for living each day like it's your last well, I'll go with you on that one, in fact I'm putting a match to the stack of Christmas bills sitting next to me. But yes, I do get the message, and it's a good one as we are guaranteed nothing and sometimes that gets hammered home the hard way. There's something to be said for a positive, enthusiatic approach, who knows it better than you ?

I'll share this one quickly, you got me going now. The Thursday before Christmas, my wife and I stopped into a diner after running around. A guy and his wife walk in and sit next to us. I barely looked. The next thing, he's saying hello and says: " I see you haven't changed much Tom ! ". I happen to have put on my PPL shirt that day. It's a good friend , Jimmy, who I haven't seen in about 15 years. Immediately the stories start and we get right to it. He has a vivid recollection of a PPL show we went to together in NYC in the mid 80's after Craig came back: the mad dash from the local pub to a cab, scratching some cash together, another rush to catch the train, another cab ride, finally getting there just in time, then meeting Mike and Craig. In short , an incredible night. We talk as if it was yesterday, as our wives look on patiently ( I think). Finally we say goodbye. I go to my car and grab the new CD from the player ( that morning I received a bunch ). I run back in, hand it to him and he's in disbelief, the look on his and his wife's face priceless ! Sometimes the simple things in life are truly the best.

Thanks guys for making 2005 a great one and here's to seeing and hearing more of you in 2006 !

May we all have a good one,

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby LIDog » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:22 am

Thank you prairiedog and 5th beatle Tom (prairiedog #?) for everything this past year. Your great generosity is appreciated more than you know. You sure did some nice things for this stranger, especially by driving the bus across the bridge to Long Island! Too young to see you through the Vince Gill years and busy with my own gigs by the time Craig had returned, I couldn't have asked for a nicer late-birthday/early-Christmas present than your trip here. At 41 I finally got to see you, and you were still "mighty fine" after all these years. You do a heckuva lot with a five piece band, and your harmonies are terrific. Add to that a beautiful new cd, and you've made a guy who was wondering where the years were starting to disappear to, realize that with the good lord willing there are a whole lot of years of great music still ahead. God bless and happy new year. -dog
LIDog

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:24 am

Dog, you're young enough, and old enough to see them now ! You know I'll be seeing you at a show, we don't know where yet, but it will happen. Have a great one.

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby billyJvoltare » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:03 pm

Mike, Craig, Curtis, Rick and Fats...
Thanks for that great message.
Thanks especially for your music, and the great joy it's given to me in my life...special thanks for your current renaissance, and may you achieve all the success and reward you all deserve for your efforts.

PPL is a bright light in a sometimes very dark world. Please keep on keeping on.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you this year on tour.
billyJvoltare

Re: Happy New Year !!!

Postby Amy » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:22 am

prairiedog wrote: Spread the word, play the music, and live life like it's your last day.

will do and sooo true!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderfull 2006!! I don't know about anyone els, but 2005 was a bit rocky for me , But hell I survived it! and have learned to live life to it's fullest!!

happy new year ya'll

Amy in Oklahoma
I got you to hold my hand, I got you to understand, I got you to talk to me, I got you to walk with me, I got you to kiss goodnight, I got you to hold me tight, I got you and I wont let go, I got you to love me sooo,.. I got you babe....
Amy

Postby Proud1 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:02 am

Thanks PPL for making this an extra special Xmas, and start to the new year with your excellent new album. I will certainly spread the word over here in the Uk about the album, and who knows maybe you will make one of my dreams come true by coming to play a few gigs for us over here.

Cheers all the best, happy new year to all.

Roger.
Proud1

Return to Pure Prairie League