The new CD just arrived...

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

The new CD just arrived...

Postby Clarence » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:02 pm

:D :D :D

I really can't overstate how good this CD is. This is exactly what has been missing from my life for the past 25+ years. Every track is good, nothing you'll want to hit the skip button for. Craig Fuller (as he always has) can really turn a phrase. He has song writing credit on every single cut except for "If you could say what I'm thinking" which obviosly belongs to Curtis and Robert Ellis Oral. Musically, this is nothing less than you'd expect - excellent. A very nice, unexpected touch is the accoridan work done by Fats on a couple of tunes. What a tallented guy playing mandalin, fiddle, washboard and a very melodic Pedal Steel as well.

The only question I have, after hearing the live cut, is what would it take to have a CD release of the Chillicothe shows?

This is so refreshing. It takes you back...but it certainly also brings you forward.

Merry Christmas. What a wonderful gift PPL has given us!
Kansas City Southern, Man that's a lonesome sound!

Won't you blow, wistle blow...
Clarence

Postby Tom » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:11 am

Great stuff Clarence, as usual you nailed it. I don't know yet about a live release (wow, that cut from Chillicothe is outstanding ! ), but I do know we have much to look forward to next year.

Enjoy the holidays !

All the best,

Tom
Last edited by Tom on Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Vice Admiral Swiss Navy » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:35 am

Tom wrote:Great stuff Clarence, as usual you nailed it. I don't know yet about a live release (wow, that cut from Chillicothe is outstanding ! ), but I do know we have much to look forward to naext year.

Enjoy the holidays !

All the best,

Tom

Tom:

I would be happy if they just made copies available thru this site to us diehard prairie dogs.

8)

I found my CD in the the mailbox upon my return from Waverly and all I can say is it was more than well worth the wait!

And the Chillicothe cut is so clear and sweet sounding that I would give my left one, if you know what I mean, to have a copy of that whole Saturday night show to be able to relive that night over and over again.

Mike

PS It'll be the best $21 bucks you ever spent if you haven't gotten a copy yet!
Vice Admiral Swiss Navy

Postby Tom » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:17 pm

Vice Admiral Swiss Navy wrote:And the Chillicothe cut is so clear and sweet sounding that I would give my left one, if you know what I mean, to have a copy of that whole Saturday night show to be able to relive that night over and over again.

Mike

PS It'll be the best $21 bucks you ever spent if you haven't gotten a copy yet!

Hey Mike , at least you were at the show. And I do know what you mean ! I would have given my left one just to be at the show. The right one is being saved for a release of the show. At that point, maybe people will no longer say I'm nuts about PPL. Hey, I couldn't resist it. have a great New Years, hope you had a great trip to Waverly !

The new CD is well worth the price that's for sure !!! It's outstanding, a ton of fun after all these years.

Take care, Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League