IT'S HERE !! ORDER PPL's NEW CD "ALL IN GOOD TIME"

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

IT'S HERE !! ORDER PPL's NEW CD "ALL IN GOOD TIME"

Postby admin » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:58 pm

All in Good Time, the long awaited return of country rock pioneers, Pure Prairie League is here !

ALL IN GOOD TIME.

Well prairiedogs, that good time is now ! The long awaited new PPL CD is now a reality. No more rumors of their return, no more whispers of new music, no more wishing and hoping, no more Dreams of Long Ago.

Cowboy Luke has officially announced their triumphant return. Glancing into his hand held watch, looking at his reflection, without speaking a word, once again Luke speaks volumes. Originally created by Norman Rockwell on a Saturday Evening Post cover dated Aug. 13, 1927, Luke became the symbol of the band , gracing their debut LP in 1972 and many of their other standout recordings. A great cover , one which accurately puts their return in perspective in so many different ways.

The 1987 CD Mementos was the last time we heard from PPL and it featured the return of Craig Lee Fuller who joined forces with Mike Reilly, the man who held this thing together all these years. Almost 20 years later, the return of these two country rock legends, along with the sensational services of Curtis Wright, Rick Schell and Fats Kaplin once again has catapulted PPL back into the hearts of music fans everywhere , although , they never really left , did they ?

Many of us have had the pleasure of catching the incredible shows this PPL lineup peformed this past year. The CD captures several of the new tunes we came to know by heart, long before this CD was released. It's another indication of how these guys manage to grab hold of us, take us to another level, and in effect, tell us, " Well, you didn't really think we were through did you ? If you know one thing about our history then you know this: we never responded too kindly to that line of thinking ! "

And so PPL is back, here to provide us with some terrific new music while at the same time rekindle the wonderful music and memories they have provided us with since they started playing in clubs in '69. So many of us have anticipated this release, so many of us proudly and fondly recalling where we were when we first heard PPL, excitedly writing about even the smallest details of a concert over 25 years ago !

Few things in life are a sure thing. All In Good Time is one of them. It's a sure thing that this CD will build on the incredible legacy brought to us by PPL for five decades now. It will certainly take it's rightful spot alongside the classic recordings Bustin' Out, Two Lane Highway, Takin' The Stage and so many other significant and treasured recordings still sought out by us all these years later.

All In Good Time ? Why yes, of course. But for us prairiedogs, there is no time like the present !

All the best,
Tom
Last edited by admin on Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:46 pm

Clarence

Posted: 17 Dec 2005 04:42 am Post subject: NEW CD UPDATE 12/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU CAN NOW ORDER THE CD AT THE WEB SITE!!!

Go to the "Store" link above. Then click on the PPL T-shirt. This will take you to a page where you can order the new album. There is a message that states the CD will ship in late December. (It's late December now, isn't it?)

One step closer...

Won't you blow, wistle blow...
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:48 pm

Tom
Site Admin

Posted: 17 Dec 2005 08:00 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good call Clarence.

Like I've been saying all along, it will be available to order on the 16th, right ? It's not exactly set up as we thought it would be, clicking the Tshirt link, but it will do for now.

See you tomorow, must run now.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:48 pm

Proud1

Posted: 17 Dec 2005 11:53 am Post subject:

Thanks Tom, and Clarence, mine's ordered, what better way is there to start off the new year.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:49 pm

davelefeber

Posted: 17 Dec 2005 01:20 pm Post subject: New PPL CD

Tom: Let me know if you want to me to post a message on poconut.com re the CD release. Looking forward to hearing the new album
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:50 pm

MartinD28

Posted: 17 Dec 2005 04:07 pm Post subject: Re: New PPL CD

davelefeber wrote:
Tom: Let me know if you want to me to post a message on poconut.com re the CD release. Looking forward to hearing the new album

A thread has been started on Poco Site. Several of us have ordered the CD. Looking forward to a "mighty fine" set of songs!
admin
Site Admin

Postby Tom » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:59 pm

Guys,

I moved your comments re: the new CD under this thread to centralize things, hope that's OK and many thanks for the responses. And Clarence, Mr. Kansas City Southern himself, again, great heads up on your part !

Certainly we didn't think the new CD would be found under the Tshirt icon in the store section, but hey, that's what happened, so be it !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can wine her, you can dine her, but whatever you do,
Don't go confessing your love, that's a real bad call,
it won't work at all."
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Doug » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:38 am

:idea: Good Idea Department: I've posted a "heads up" post on some other message boards that I'm a member of. Just a quick note to any "Pure Prairie League fans out there" that they're back, with Craig, and the new album is available at this website. Ya never know who else out there might be a PPL fan and would be thankful to get that info.
Doug

Postby Tom » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:26 am

That's it Doug, spread the word. You know, it's not that much different from the old days, PPL fans always got the message out, even when we thought no one was paying attention. Well they paid attention back then, and they will now too !

I recently recieved a response from a legendary DJ in the NY area, Pete Fornatale, who was a huge country rock fan. In fact he did liner notes for Poco. Pete was quite happy to hear PPL is back in action and will get a copy of the new CD. He still has a few shows on a regular basis on a college station where he plays not only current music but always manages to get the country rock music from the 70's into his rotation. The more things change...
Last edited by Tom on Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby davelefeber » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:17 am

From what I heard live this summer, the new studio material should be very impressive. Looking forward to hearing the new release.
davelefeber

Postby rfa77 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:58 pm

Just posted a notice on one of the Eagle's websites, www.eaglesfans.com and www.marshalltucker.com.

I'm going to check out the Heartsfield website, too.
rfa77

Postby Tom » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:47 pm

Thanks to all for getting the word out there, I know PPL appreciates the support !

Just to clarify how to get the CD, since I've recieved a few messages: Clarence nailed it in his post.

On the HOME PAGE click STORE.
A new screen appears. It does not have the new CD on it.
Click the TSHIRT icon.
This brings up the new CD info and you can order it from there.

Obviously this was not how we originally wanted the new CD to be announced or displayed but at this point, hey, it doesn't matter as long as it's here we can order it , right ?

Rest assured , a new set up will be done where the new CD is prominently on display. In fact, look forward to some artwork as well as song snippets, it's all in the process.

As far as the availablity of the new CD, as you may have seen on the ordering screen, they mention it will be shipped late DEC.
The company handling it will have it today and they have assured me as soon as they receive it they will start processing orders. They have been very responsive to my questions.

They are closed from Dec 23rd through Dec 28th. All priority and overnight orders placed after 12:00 noon on Thurs Dec 22 will be shipped on Wed Dec 28th. So depending on what shipping method and when you order it, that will determine when you recieve it.

If I can be of further help, let me know, but that pretty much covers it.

Now, all we do is wait for the Postman to deliver the goods ! It's worth waiting for but, where is he, is that him ? No ? Oh well. I'm actually looking forward to getting my mail for a change.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby MartinD28 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:19 pm

I posted a thread on the Allman Brothers site. Lot of fans over there. Good interest and some discussion about Craig's days with Little Feat. All who posted believe that Little Feat not the same band after Craig left. I saw them with Craig fronting the band and a year later after he left. It wasn't the same.
Also some discussion about Vince Gill's tenure with PPL. Hopefully the thread will generate some sales and renewed interest.
MartinD28

Postby Tom » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:11 am

Just to mention again, this site will be posting additional credits and lyrics etc for the new CD, and you will see that remark on the back cover of it. While this CD is packaged in a jewel case, the next batch will be in digipack.

I know the site that handles the orders received them on Wed the 21st and immediately started processing orders.

If you want a sneak preview of the CD artwork before your CD arrives, check the Photo Forum.

This CD is vintage PPL, I'm sure you are going to love it .

All the best,

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

it's here

Postby denosb » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:52 pm

GOT MINE TODAY- HOPE EVERYONE DID MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
denosb

Next

Return to Pure Prairie League