NEW CD UPDATE 12/10

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

NEW CD UPDATE 12/10

Postby Tom » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:44 pm

Ok gang, here's the latest:

It looks like we are about ONE WEEK away !!

By the end of next week, the CD's will have been shipped from Nashville to the location which will provide them to us when we order them.

Check the Home page. There will be a link re: the CD. This hopefully, barring any mishaps or unanticipated problems, will take place about Dec 16 or 17th. That's where it stands as of today. The CD and artwork are done, each band member is satisfied with the end result.

The initial batch of CD's will be in jewel cases , with cardboard booklet inserts. Sometime in January 06, a new package will be available. This will be in Digipack. However, the music from both packages will be exactly the same, only the packaging will be different. Again, you will see this once the link has been established. I believe artwork may also be available on this site.

I know you have been waiting patiently, eagerly looking forward to the release date. Thanks for bearing through a few false starts, hopefully their will be no more !

The guys in PPL have really been into this project, right down to the smallest of details. As you can imagine, there is a tremendous pride factor involved, a storied history and legacy, as well as a firm comittment by the band to bring the fans something we all will treasure, another superb effort by PPL. As a result, just when it looked like things were ready to roll previously, they decided to " tweak" a thing here and there, musically and also with the the artwork. Thus, we waited a few more weeks. But after a few decades, I guess that's not so bad !! ALL IN GOOD TIME. These guys weren't about to release something that each one of them was not 100% comfortable with, no matter how small the detail. In the end, hey, that's better for us.

If I get any further info, you will be the first to know.

All the best, Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Dan Williams III » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:34 am

That is great news , Tom...I am really psyched about this CD...kind of reminiscent of the old days when I eagerly anticipated the next Beatles album. I know many of us have been disappointed with the delay, but there is an underlying message in all of this about the integrity of Pure Prairie League. Certainly they the could have rushed it out prematurely to reap the benefits of an inevitable onslaught of Christmas gift sales. But they remained true to their artistic conscience and chose to do it right, THEIR way. To me, this speaks volumes about these guys and I totally respect what they are doing. Hopefully the delay will not hurt overall sales. I pray that they keep the present line-up intact and that they will elect to embark on a 2006 tour. Best wishes to all this holiday season and always!

Dan
Clutch Cargo prefers spinners.
Dan Williams III

Postby Tom » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:15 am

Hi Dan,

Nice to hear from you. You're right of course, re: the integrity of PPL. As has been mentioned on here awhile back, these guys got together and played a few shows sporadically as far back as 2000, and at that time had considered making a new CD. In fact, they had actually laid down some tracks. But for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was family obligations , time, etc, they felt the timing was not right. If they couldn't put 100% of their efforts into it, it just wasn't going to happen. In fact, Craig stated in an interview when asked about recording again " I'm not adverse to recording again, it's just that I want the right people behind the project." He didn't want to record to " make a killing." PPL had been getting offers during these times, but Mike and Craig knew if a PPL project was going to be done, ultimately they and the name of PPL would be best served if they took it upon themselves and handled it their way, make music that they were happy with and ultimately PPL fans. The delay was the direct result of these guys being extremely critical and demanding of themselves , refusing to put something out that someone in the band might end up thinking " I wish I would have done that slightly different. " And that certainly is the benefit of doing it your own way, something Mike and Craig both were keenly aware of for many years. They wisely waited and when you think about the immense pride these two in particular have re: the PPL legacy , it really was the only way to go !

Dan, I too remember the excitement of looking for the next Beatles LP and have often stated to friends etc, that the whole PPL thing was the only thing I could compare that excitement to, the anticipation of what would appear on it, hearing songs in concert and hoping they would be recorded , checking out the tour shedule, the whole thing. Incredible times and memories and the notion that it's all happening again is really amazing.

Take care, Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby davelefeber » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:42 am

Thanks for the update- will be checking.....
davelefeber

A thirty three year itch fulfilled...

Postby kdrapcho » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:57 am

As an original PPL card carrying Prairie Dog from 1973, I can say this is one of the longest awaited moments in my life... To me Craig Lee Fuller, (no disrespect to any other members past, present, or future) was/is/will always be the heart of PPL!!! I just hope I don't have to wait another 33 plus years for the next Pure Prairie League album with Craig Lee Fuller...
kdrapcho

Postby billyJvoltare » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:22 pm

This is indeed great news, Tom. As always, thanks for all of your efforts. I GREATLY look forward to the release.
Here's hoping its sales far exceed the band's expectations, and the band carries on in 2006! :D
billyJvoltare

Re: A thirty three year itch fulfilled...

Postby MartinD28 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:31 pm

kdrapcho wrote:As an original PPL card carrying Prairie Dog from 1973, I can say this is one of the longest awaited moments in my life... To me Craig Lee Fuller, (no disrespect to any other members past, present, or future) was/is/will always be the heart of PPL!!! I just hope I don't have to wait another 33 plus years for the next Pure Prairie League album with Craig Lee Fuller...

Well stated...I agree with your post. Have been looking forward to the new release for quite some time.
MartinD28

Postby bassman » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:22 pm

So great to see the new CD is ready, can't wait to hear it. When will the DigiPack be available. It's old school but it remind me of days past and picking up a new record album with this style CD package.
bassman

Return to Pure Prairie League