Takin the Stage

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Takin the Stage

Postby stuartj745 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:47 am

Has anyone ever come across "Takin the Stage" on CD? I would love to find it....my vinyl album has lots of pops and cracks!

Best regards
stuartj745

Postby Clarence » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:37 am

You can find the Takin' the Stage CD on Ebay from time to time, but be prepared to pay $75-100 bucks. The CD is apparently out of print right now, and fairly difficult to find.
Kansas City Southern, Man that's a lonesome sound!

Won't you blow, wistle blow...
Clarence

CD

Postby Tornado » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:40 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site but a very old PPL fan. I've got that cd. Bought bcak in the 80"s when it first came out. Its one of greatest cds ever and I can see why the price is so steep. I could never part with mine. I'm still waiting for Dance and Just Fly to come out. Probably not likely I guess. Good luck in your quest!
Tornado

Postby billyJvoltare » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:00 pm

A good portion of Takin' the Stage is available as Pure Prairie League Live, Extended Versions.
All I've got of the original is also the 2 record vinyl album, but the Extended Versions thing is very much worth seeking out; great sound quality (George Ed Powell truly deserves great sound quality...what a voice he has), and hey, I picked it up for under ten bucks at a major mall chain last year (sorry I forget which one...maybe FYE or Sam Goody).
billyJvoltare

Return to Pure Prairie League