Country/Southern Rock

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Postby Proud1 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:10 am

Thanks for the review Durwood, i ordered it yesterday actually, (along with a Poco big sky tee shirt) so i shall look forward to recieving it.

Yeah i have all the cds except the xmas one, also like "Wood" though my favourite has to be (all the Songs from) The First Album, some cracking playing on that, if the dvds as good then i am in for a treat.

Cheers Rog.
Proud1

Postby Durwood » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:03 am

Proud1 wrote:Thanks for the review Durwood, i ordered it yesterday actually, (along with a Poco big sky tee shirt) so i shall look forward to recieving it.

Yeah i have all the cds except the xmas one, also like "Wood" though my favourite has to be (all the Songs from) The First Album, some cracking playing on that, if the dvds as good then i am in for a treat.

Cheers Rog.

If you like the first album Roger then you will love the dvd as 8 of the songs are from the first album. 3 are from the second, 3 new ones that are also on the "wood" cd, and then two songs are sung by guests. I don't have the christmas one or "Call me lucky" yet, but i'm sure i will in time.
I sent the dvd to a friend who is making an audio cd of the soundtrack for me. I can't wait to hear it.

Dur
Durwood

Postby Proud1 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:54 am

Hey Durwood, recieved the dvd yesterday and you're right it's great, thumbs up from me also.
Proud1

Postby Durwood » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:18 pm

Proud1 wrote:Hey Durwood, recieved the dvd yesterday and you're right it's great, thumbs up from me also.

Hope you are listening to it on a good stereo system Roger. There is a night and day difference between just listening to it on TV and playing it thru the stereo. It is great though.

Dur
Durwood

Postby Durwood » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:08 pm

I don't know why but for some reason my PMs went into the outbox instead of being sent and i can't figure out how to get them sent, so Ron and Dennis the Pony Express is headed your way. :D

Dur
Durwood

Postby Doug » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:58 pm

Man, it's good to hear people praising McGuffey Lane! Lynyrd Skynyrd was scheduled to play an of course sold out show at the Ross County Fair this year, and wouldn't you know it, the day before the show, they canceled the rest of their tour due to Ronnie Van Zandt's vocal chord problems. The Fair had been calling John Schwab all day and night, and Schwab said he had jury duty and about 11 or 12 am the day of the show he checked his messages and thought someone was pulling his leg. Well, John said he called his bandmates and they all agreed to play the Ross County Fair that evening for free. Plus, original bass player Stephen Reis was back after many years. They were outstanding. See 'em if you ever get the chance. You won't be disappointed.

Department of Weird but True: I saw McGuffey Lane at the 1981 Ohio State Fair, bought a hat, and got ALL their autographs on the hat. Back in those days, I had long hair and rarely wore hats. So the hat ended up in a box in a closet. Years later, not long after the Bob McNelly tragedy, McGuffey Lane came to Chillicothe and played at the Stardust. Of course I went, and the day of the show I dug out the hat, as I was thinking about wearing it as a conversation piece. The hat was still in great condition, except for one little thing. The ink of one of the signatures had faded. Faded to the point it was virtually entirely vanished. Guess who's signature it was. I still have the hat and the other signatures are still there. I'm getting the chills just typing this. Don't know what that means, but it sure freaked me out. I showed the hat to John Schwab that night and told him about it and I think it weirded him out a bit, too. He just stood there kinda speechless, which ain't natural for that guy. Probably just a coincidence, but still just a bit weird. :shock:
Doug

oops

Postby Durwood » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:50 am

Nevermind
Durwood

Postby davelefeber » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:04 pm

Tennessee's legendary SR's The Winters Brothers Band. It kicks ! ! ! !
davelefeber

Previous

Return to Pure Prairie League